One-To-One and Small Group TrainingPTP Training & Marketing Ltd
One-To-One and Small Group Training
In today’s workplace it’s often more appropriate and cost-effective to train employees on-the-job or in small groups. Therefore, this one-to-one workshop is aimed at showing the skills needed to design and deliver on-to-one and small group (under about 5 participants) training.
Using experience already present in the organization is one of the best ways to quickly pass on relevant skills and working methods. Some of us have undergone on-the-job training by simply sitting with an experienced colleague but there are much more effective ways than that to quickly bring people up to standard and improve performance. PTP's 1-2-1 and Small Group Training programme allows for these skill sets to develop.
This One-To-One and Small Group Training course is available throughout the UK.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the day participants will:
- Be able to use a structured approach to plan and carry out one-to-one and small group trainings
- Use a variety of training techniques and learning aids
- Set targets for training sessions and assess the progress of each participant
- Build rapport quickly and give effective feedback
Training Course Content
- 09:30 – 10:45 Introductions
- Job Task Analysis – how to analyse a job and identify key tasks essential for successful performance
- How Adults Learn – adults learn differently to children and knowing the main differences will help in planning, delivery, interaction and in helping participants achieve goals
- Identifying Learning Preferences – not everyone learns in the same way and making the effort to understand different learning preferences pays dividends by improving your delivery and by helping participants to learn quicker and easier
- 11:00 – 12:30 Training Design – how to take the Job Task Analysis and Learning Preferences and use the results to design effective small group sessions and one-to-ones
- Using Learning Aids – as well as manuals, workbooks, handouts, slides, films, and other learning aids there is likely to be a wealth of materials in the workplace that can be used to enhance the learning experience. Identifying and using these can familiarise participants with working methods quickly and speed up their ability to reach desired levels of performance
- Barriers to Effective Training – by recognising some of the main obstacles you will be able to plan how to minimise or neutralise their effect on participants
- 12:30 – 13:30 Lunch
- 13:30 – 15:00 Presentation Skills – the skills needed and approach taken for one-to-one and small group trainings are different both from each other and from presenting to larger groups. We will, therefore, look at how to present and interact specifically with small numbers or individuals without overpowering them or expecting too much from them
- 15:15 – 16:30 Building Rapport Quickly – to help participants relax quickly and learn easier it is essential to establish rapport as soon as possible. We will cover several techniques for building rapport within a short space of time
- Feedback Skills – the ability to give effective feedback to individuals and groups, especially if training with machinery or processes and systems, is one of the most important in one-to-one and small group training
- Summary & Action Planning
Fee includes all course materials, participant packs, certification and lunch
PTP: Practical Training for Professionals - leading provider of sales and management training in the UK
PTP - Practical Training for Professionals, have been delivering practical, hands-on training courses to professionals in the UK since 1991. PTP provide training course in several formats: in-house training, on a 1-2-1 basis or as public courses in more venues...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this One-To-One and Small Group Training course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!