PTP has introduced a new product called Face-to-Face Live. This is where the delegate can log on from anywhere and attend a live training session. Delegates can either join our public course dates (limited to a maximum of 10) or you can arrange a 1-2-1 or a session just for a group of your colleagues even if they are all working from home.
This people management course is designed for all levels of managers from the new starters to the experienced manager looking for hints and tips to hone existing skills Frequently the pressures of the business need can create tension which, in turn, can lead to difficult situations. Many managers then find themselves faced with absenteeism, difficult team members or, in the extreme, staff turnover. The emphasis of this one day course is on practical ways to help improve the people management role.
This People Management course is available throughout the UK.
CPD Value 5.5 Hours
Upcoming start dates
6 December, 2023
7 December, 2023
7 December, 2023
- Virtual Classroom
11 December, 2023
12 December, 2023
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- How to get the best from the people that we already employ
- How to reduce absenteeism and difficult people
- How to maximise business advantage by utilizing the skills and knowledge of our team members.
- How to motivate our team members to want to share their ideas and explore their own potential.
- An action plan that will enable the manager to return to the work place with greater confidence and self motivation
Training Course Content
- 09:30 - 10:00 Coffee & Course Objectives
- 10:00 - 10:30 The Role of the Manager, Supervisor or Team Leader - without a TRUE understanding of our role and that of the rest of the hierarchy, how can we focus on the key objectives?
- 10:30 - 11:30 Focusing on People, Their Needs - What motivates them - What makes people difficult - We frequently label team members that we do not click with.& A vicious cycle can occur.& How can we break it and start to maximise on apparent and hidden potential?
- 11;30 - 12:30 Role Plays to Practice Motivational Techniques
- 12:30 - 13:00 Evaluation of the Role Plays
- 13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 - 15:00 Key People Management Techniques, Leadership - Delegation frees a manager to develop his team and enables team members to have greater involvement, so why are we so resistant to it?& Communication is critical.& The way we direct will determine the success of any people manager.
- 15:00 - 16:30 Developing Your People - Explore, do not ignore.& People are our greatest asset when managed well and our biggest liability when managed badly.& What changes can we make to ensure we get the very best from our team?
- 16:30 Summary & Action Plans Agreed
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Average rating 4.9
Very good course - would like to re-attend in future.
I felt the course was highly relevant to my role and gave me a lot to think about in how to manage my team and achieve the best results.
I found today to be very interesting and informative. Tracey the trainer had excellent delivery.
To join our full day public course offering is just £280+ VAT per delegate.
To have a 1-2-1 for half-a day is £350 + VAT.
To train two delegates in-house from the same organisation is £580 + VAT for a full day and additional delegates are charged at £100 + VAT each.
PTP: Practical Training for Professionals - leading provider of sales and management training in the UK
PTP - Practical Training for Professionals, have been delivering practical, hands-on training courses to professionals in the UK since 1991. PTP provide training course in several formats: in-house training, on a 1-2-1 basis or as public courses in more venues...