This PTT online course explains the benefits and methods of following a structured approach to fault-finding, and describes the role of the various tests employed on Ethernet/IP networks and their use in fault finding and measuring network performance.
Topics covered include
- the causes of frame loss, delay and jitter and their effects on multimedia services such as video streaming.
- the various factors that influence the achievable data transfer rate over a network.
- the benefits of a structured approach to fault-finding and the roles of information gathering, analysis, and testing hypotheses.
- the benefits of testing at the different protocol layers in a certain sequence to locate a fault.
- the use of software utilities such as Ping and Traceroute to locate faults.
- the use of protocol analysers to monitor and analyse network traffic.
- the use of specialised test equipment to assess the performance of, and find faults in, a network.
Throughout the course examples of locating network faults are described.
This course is ideal for those responsible for the maintenance of local and wide area networks.
Suitability - Who should attend?
To gain maximum benefit from this course you should already understand the principle of operation of ethernet networks. We recommend that you study the PTT course "Ethernet networks" before attempting this fault-finding course
Outcome / Qualification etc.
PTT - Providers Of Telecoms Training
PTT helps telecommunications and ICT companies get the best from their technical staff through online training solutions. PTT's online telecommunications courses allow telecoms professionals to keep pace with advances in communications technology with minimum disruption to their key roles. PTT's extensive catalogue...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!