Effective Risk Management - How Modern Techniques Can Add Value to your BusinessQuorum Training - A Wilmington Company
Effective Risk Management - How Modern Techniques Can Add Value to your Business - 1-day course
Any organisation in any business sector requires effective risk management to succeed.
Effective risk management is essential for success in all business sectors today. This inter-active course shows delegates how any organisation is capable of achieving this by taking a proportionate, value-added approach. It provides practical advice on the essentials of the process (how to identify, assess, control and report on risk) and looks at modern risk models such as COSO from the private sector and the Orange Book from the public sector. The course takes delegates through the techniques of the modern risk-management toolkit – risk registers, incident reporting, databases and key risk indicators – and shows how these are used to add value.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Risk officers and risk management professionals; internal auditors and compliance officers; directors who need an up-to-date refresher on risk management techniques; managers in both the private and public sector with responsibility for managing risk; anyone looking to become a risk management champion in their business.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Training Course Content
- What is risk?
- Risk management fundamentals – impact and probability, risk appetite and the linkage between risk and controls
- 21st Century business risks
- Modern risk management models: Turnbull and SoX; COSO and the Enterprise Risk Management approach; ISO 3100; Three Lines of Defence: the Orange Book
- Practical techniques to manage risk: the risk management cycle; the “4Ts” approach; the risk register
- Techniques to manage and mitigate risks including: contingency planning; insurance; and proportionate internal controls
- The modern focus on hidden risks and “Black Swans” - for example: cybercrime, brand damage (social media), people and conduct; and supply chain
- The modern risk management toolbox
- Reputational risk – building a risk-aware culture and promoting resiliency
- Learning the lessons - examples of risk management failures and success
Contact Quorum Training for pricing details for running this course in-house. The price will include pre-course discussions with the trainer, supporting course materials and delivery of a practical, interactive course that meets your training needs.
Quorum Training - Business and Finance Courses for Professionals
Quorum Training provides a range of specialist courses designed specifically for business and finance professionals. Covering Accounting and Finance, Taxation, VAT, Governance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Markets and Corporate Treasury, and Charities. Quorum deliver bespoke in-house and public training programmes....
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Effective Risk Management - How Modern Techniques Can Add Value to your Business course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!