As you take on this pivotal role in your organisation, this workshop will give you a clear understanding of the key skills and disciplines required in becoming an effective manager. It will help you clarify your goals, establish achievable and challenging work objectives, set priorities and produce a personal strategy for effective time management. The course will also provide you with an understanding on how to use different management styles in order to take a flexible approach to the variety of personalities you manage.
- Your role as manager – key challenges and strong performers
- Stepping up to the role and stepping away from being ‘one of the gang’
- Understanding different management styles and the need to be able to flex your approach
- Managing yourself – personal organisation, minimise the quantity and maximise the quality of your time, tackling the time wasters and productivity poachers
- Managing upwards – understanding and aligning all parties’ needs
- Recognising the importance of short term and long term planning and objective setting in delivering results and profits
- What or who takes priority? Recognising importance and not just urgency
- Successful task achievement – on time, within budget and to agreed quality standards
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is aimed at individuals that will that want to gain a clear understanding of the key skills and disciplines required in becoming an effective manager
Quorum Training - Business and Finance Courses for Professionals
Quorum Training provides a range of specialist courses designed specifically for business and finance professionals. Covering Accounting and Finance, Taxation, VAT, Governance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Markets and Corporate Treasury, and Charities. Quorum deliver bespoke in-house and public training programmes....
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Introduction to Management course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!