Abellio Bus Driver ApprenticeshipRealise
Abellio Bus Driver Apprenticeship
All available course dates
Abellio Bus Driver Apprenticeship
No PCV licence? No problem! Come and join Abellio’s exciting apprentice programme to become a professional London Bus Driver.
Abellio have invested in a new and innovative approach to training new bus drivers as they continue to challenge the traditional conventions of travel to provide better, safer, more convenient and better quality transport services. All you need is a full UK driving licence (Category B) and a willingness to learn!
We’re looking for people who can demonstrate:
- Excellent attitude to customer service
- Team player mind-set
- Energy and motivation
- A professional attitude to health and safety
- Flexibility and openness to shift working
Suitability - Who should attend?
If you’re looking for an exciting and rewarding career within the transport industry, then Abellio London Bus is looking for you. In return, you will receive a career that offers a variety of employee benefits, a great working environment and an excellent starting salary.
You will need to be located in London for this apprenticeship. However, No previous experience within the industry is needed as you will be provided with the training to become a fully qualified PCV licence holder. This means the role is ideally suited for those looking to move into the industry while being equally rewarding for those looking to diversify from similar areas. What’s important is that you are capable of delivering excellent customer service.
Our essential criteria for enrolling on this apprenticeship includes:
- Hold a current, full UK driving licence
- Have one year’s minimum driving experience in the UK
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be numerate and literate and able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Be computer literate
- Be flexible in terms of working hours; we operate shifts, working any 5 days out of 7, over a minimum 38-hour working week
- Hold a valid Right to Work document
- Live in the UK and have a UK bank account
- An excellent driving history (no more than six penalty points, no drink driving offenses in the last five years)
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Our 12 – 14 month apprenticeship programme will give you the core competencies required by any passenger transport business combined with passenger vehicle and bus driver training.
Course delivery details
- A dedicated Training & Development Officer providing ongoing training, guidance and support
- Practical assessments and on-bus observations, including in a depot environment
- Workshops sessions delivered at a local depot or remotely via Zoom
- 24/7 access to a range of online learning materials and resources
- Support from your employer to fulfil the requirements of the programme
- Progress reviews, including a pre-gateway and final gateway review before end point assessment
- End point assessment preparation and support ensuring you’re ready to progress
- Support from English/maths tutors if required
Our courses are cost free for learners. For employers the apprenticeship will be paid for through apprenticeship levy or 95% of the course will be funded externally.
We are a training provider who provides clear, concise and comprehensive apprenticeships, training and short courses. We have been delivering work-based learning since our start over 35 years. Our company is made up of 300 knowledgeable professionals who deliver inspiring...
There are no reviews available yet.
Apprenticeship training for companies