Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Created in line with 5* UK Hotel industry standards and taught by a Hospitality professional, the course is filled with fun exercises, interesting conversations and useful activities from our state of the art training room.
Students will be given the opportunity to learn and practise structures and vocabulary used in the industry, and develop a practical understanding of working in Hospitality in a supportive classroom environment. The course starts at a basic to lower intermediate level of English, aiming to reach an upper intermediate level by the end of the course. For those students that progress faster, additional, more demanding exercises are provided.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Those who have experience in hospitality overseas but want to brush up on their English
- Those who wish to boost their conversational language skills
- Those who want to develop their professional language through learning keywords and terminology
- Those who want to immerse themselves and learn practically through real-life scenarios and role play
- Those who wish to progress your career by receiving a recognised qualification
Training Course Content
Welcoming guests, holding a conversation and following up conversations
- Conversations in a lift, small talk and giving directions/telling the time
- Communication between departments
- Phone conversations - Recommending places to visit
- Language used at the Reception Desk
- Check-In and Check-Out vocabulary and conversations
- Language used in the Restaurant
- Up-selling services and facilities
- Language used by Sales and Marketing
- Describing a room/room categories
- Taking a booking
- Checking guest satisfaction
- Handling difficult situations and complaints
- Forbidden service phrases
- Use of positive language
- Employment vocabulary
- Basic interview phrases
- Conflict in the workplace
Reception Academy: A Five Star Hospitality Training Academy
90 to 95% of our students are successfully employed upon completing this training Since 2008, Reception Academy has been providing hotels with the best trained staff who have exceptional skills. In 2010, the classroom based courses were opened to the public,...