Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Commercial and Business Awareness for the Senior PA - 2-day course
This Commercial and Business Awareness for the Senior PA course is designed to give candidates a highly valuable understanding of the critical business and commercial issues that affect their organisation.
The interactive two-day programme has the ultimate goal of helping candidates improve both business performance and their own career prospects by improving their awareness of commercial and business issues. By the end of the course they will have developed:
- the ability to identify the strategic issues facing their organisations
- a comprehensive overview of strategic analysis tools
- the confidence to approach strategic matters in discussions with senior managers and board members
- practical skills in demonstrating commercial awareness & business acumen to expand their roles & responsibilities
- a solid understanding of their organisation's brand and mission & how it should be communicated
This course is delivered by our trusted partner the Watson Martin Partnership, who have over 15 years of expertise in training delivery.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Commercial and Business Awareness for the Senior PA course is suitable for experienced PAs looking to develop their commercial awareness and strategic thinking to improve personal confidence and engagement with senior managers.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This course is worth 12 CPD hours.
It can be taken as part of the Institute of Administrative Management Level 4 Certificate in Office and Administration Management, a qualification designed specifically for experienced PAs, Office and Administration Managers operating at senior level and looking to gain formal recognition of their skills. It is also suitable for those aspiring to move to a more senior role in office and administration management.
Training Course Content
This Commercial and Business Awareness for the Senior PA course covers the following topics:
Understanding your organisation
- Its role, purpose and culture
- Stakeholder analysis: who are the key players?
Introduction to strategy
- What is strategy and how does it drive an organisation?
- Where are we now - SWOTs and PESTLE analysis
- Where do we want to be? How to define 'success' and the role of mission statement
Making sense of your organisation's brand
- The importance of understanding and identifying with your brand
- Creating a brand identity and values
- Communicating this to key stakeholders
- Case study activity - 'The Hotel Chocolat Story: Branding from the Inside Out'
- Why do organisations need to change?
- How to communicate change from grassroots to board level
- Supporting your colleagues through change
- Case study activity
The cost of this course is £925 + VAT.
Reed Learning also offers this training In-House, with 3 possible levels of customisation:
- standard: same content as the open course
- tailored: partly customised, utilizing, for example, company-specific terminology or case studies
- bespoke: built from scratch specifically to your organisational needs
Provider: Reed Learning
Reed Learning is part of the REED Group. We believe business learning has to provide measurable results for both individuals and organisations. Reed Learning is a dedicated platform that connects businesses with trusted training providers and learning solutions. Hand-picked by...