Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
CMI Level 3 Award in First Line ManagementResults Driven Group
CMI Level 3 Award in First Line Management
CMI Level 3 Award in First Line Management
This course is run over four consecutive days as a residential course in Keswick and four separate days run over six weeks at the Central London venue.
The CMI Level 3 Award in First Line Management is an ideal foundational qualification for any team leader or first line manager looking to gain skills in the basic principles of management, while gaining an internationally recognised qualification.
This four day course held by Results Driven Group will enable participants to:
- Understand the role of the leader and their own leadership style
- Identify opportunities to develop trust and credibility within their team
- Appreciate the characteristics of a successful team
- Identify different roles within a team and understand how to develop a balance of skills
- Use proven communication techniques to build strong intra-team relationships
- Confidently tackle conflicts and performance issues that may arise within the team
The programme is held at RDG's excellent training and team building facilities in Keswick, Cumbria, but is also available as an open course in London.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for practising first line managers and team leaders looking to move on to the next level of management. It is also beneficial for managers who need to lead people through pressures including organisational change and budget cuts.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successful candidates who complete the full programme, including the post-course written assignments, receive the CMI Level 3 Award in First Line Management, recognised by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
Training Course Content
The course consists of the following units:
The CMI Programme
- Welcome to the CMI programme
- Certification and assignment criteria
- Introduction to report writing
How to become an inspirational leader
- The difference between leadership and management
- The role of trust and respect in effective team leadership
- Identifying your leadership style
How to build a successful team
- The key characteristics of groups and teams
- The stages of team development and the practical actions a manager can take
- The dynamics of effective teams
- Team roles
- Building a balanced team to achieve SMART objectives
- How create a culture of clear accountability
The manager as an effective communicator
- The importance of open communication
- Communication using empathy and building effective relationships in the team
- Keeping your team informed
- Using social/behavioural styles effectively
- Maintaining confidentiality
- The effects of attitudes,perception and cultures on interpretation when communicating in the workplace
- How to build relationships that create trust, open dialogue, and full transparency
Driving performance through motivation
- The purpose and benefits of appraisals and performance reviews
- Roles and responsibilities of individuals in appraisals and performance reviews
- Conducting the appraisal interview
- Providing feedback and motivation during performance reviews
- How to make decisions that are based on productivity, not politics
- Monitoring performance throughout the year
How to give and receive feedback
- The importance of feedback to improve communication and performance
- Feedback techniques to motivate and increase performance
- Inviting and accepting feedback to improve your own perform
How to deal with conflict management
- Identify causes of conflict at work
- Describe the stages in the development of conflict
- Explain the effects of conflict on individual and team performance at work
- Explain a recognised technique to minimise and resolve conflict in the workplace
- Describe how to promote a positive atmosphere in order to minimise the adverse effects of conflict in the workplace
- How to use assertiveness to drive outcomes and the ability to overcome adversity and resistance
The cost of this training course is £1,395 + VAT per delegate, which covers:
- programme delivery
- accommodation and meals*
- accreditation & certification
*Only included in the residential training option.
Results Driven Group can also deliver this course as in-house training at your premises for a minimum of 6 delegates.
Provider: Results Driven Group
Results Driven Group - ILM Qualifications & Professional Development Training Courses
RDG specialise in bespoke skills training, ILM qualifications and professional development solutions. With over 20 years experience in the training industry, Results Driven Group have established an excellent reputation for the delivery of highly customised and flexible training, including ILM...