ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership & Management – Specialising in Project Management
ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership & Management - Specialising in Project Management
The course is run over 4 consecutive days as a block residential course in Keswick.
This comprehensive training programme leading to the recognised ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership & Management helps participants develop the skills needed to become inspirational project leaders and successful project managers.
This tools-based programme gives delegates the core skills needed to be able to manage and lead a project successfully. The course shows why successful project management involves a complex process of changing behaviours, based on an understanding of leadership and on the development of a range of personal and interpersonal skills.
Through experiential learning and results-driven training, RDG will help you develop your leadership skills and streamline your organisational processes so that you deliver successful results with your projects.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is aimed at project managers who wish to further develop their project management tools and improve their leadership skills.
Training Course Content
The ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership & Management - Specialising in Project Management covers the following modules:
Module 1 - Managing and leading projects in your organisation
- The ability to manage & lead projects in your organisation
- Project management tools and techniques for managing a project
- The implementation of a project is discussed and planned
- Communicating project plans to colleagues and stakeholders, gaining agreement along the way
- Implementing the project plan and monitor progress against agreed targets
- Evaluating your own ability to manage a project
- Using feedback from others to critically evaluate own ability to plan and implement a project, identifying strengths and weaknesses as a result of the process
- Designing a self-development plan, to improve own performance in managing projects
Module 2 – Developmental project management and leadership
- Motivation skills assessment
- What motivates you at work?
- 10 factors affecting motivation
- The path goal theory
- How to put a motivation strategy in place for my team
- Coaching Theory
- How to give developmental feedback
- The IGROW model of coaching theory
- Coaching Role play using IGROW
- The rule of 3
- Coaching Role play using the rule of 3
- The STOP tool
- How to adopt a developmental style of leadership
Module 3 – Transformational Project Management & Leadership
- Transformational leadership skills assessment
- Turning followers into leaders
- Think it – Believe it – Do it!
- Metabolic management
- The core principles of transformational leadership versus transactional leadership
- Leadership Styles
- Situational Leadership Theory
- Situational Leadership practical
- Experiential Teambuilding
- John Adair’s 3 Circles Model
- Developing the charismatic leader
- Distributed leadership
Module 4 – Building excellent working relationships
- The rapport model
- How to use the rapport model to influence decisions
- Influencing individuals
- Using influence to communicate and deliver change
- Experiential Teambuilding focusing on developing your leadership communication skills
- Social styles communication skills excellence
- Why look at Social Styles
- Understanding the basic types
- Self Assessment
- Assessment of others
- Needs of each Style
- Using social styles to deal with conflict
- Understanding leadership communication in your own organisational context
Flexible Payment Terms
If you are self-funding, please enquire about our flexible payment terms. A 30% deposit will be taken when you book to secure your place on the course. We will then set up an interest-free monthly payment plan by direct debit or credit card for the balance.
The Results Driven Group Price Comparison Offer
If you can price-match any of our open or bespoke residential courses, we will match the difference. Please see website for more details.
The price of the course is exclusive of VAT
The programme cost includes, accommodation (residential only), all meals and refreshments
Results Driven Group can also deliver this course as in-house training at your premises for a minimum of 6 delegates.
Provider: Results Driven Group
Results Driven Group - ILM Qualifications & Professional Development Training Courses
RDG specialise in bespoke skills training, CMI / ILM Leadership & Management, Coaching & Mentoring qualifications and professional development solutions. With over 20 years experience in the training industry, Results Driven Group have established an excellent reputation for the delivery...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Results Driven Group
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership & Management – Specialising in Project Management course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Which is the best Coaching qualification for me to undertake and at what level? It’s another one of those questions that often stumps us when thinking about our future development in Coaching!!
It’s an absolute minefield…what is the correct option for myself or for my managers when it comes to management and leadership development?