CPD (Continuing Professional Development) in Principles of Risk Management
Developed by practitioners for practitioners, TÜV Rheinland Risktec CPDs in Risk and Safety Management are designed to help risk and safety professionals certify their skills and prove their commitment to the industry.
The course is delivered entirely by distance learning, giving learners the opportunity to study part-time and to plan their study around their professional and personal commitments. Risktec offers a choice of 23 different CPD topics, and each course lasts 12 weeks.
Upcoming start dates
15th of each month
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
Managers, engineers, operators, HSE advisors and risk management practitioners.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon successful completion of the end of course assessments, an electronic TÜV Rheinland Risktec CPD certificate will be awarded, stating that you have achieved 20 learning hours in the topic.
Training Course Content
The learning outcomes of the Principles of Risk Management CPD course are:
- Deconstruct the risk management process into its constituent components
- Contrast key risk management terms such as “hazard”, “consequence” and “risk”
- Evaluate the various drivers which cause organisations to manage risk
And the course consists of the following topics:
- Drivers for risk management
- Definitions and terminology
- Elements of the risk management process
- Demonstration of ALARP
- Example tools, techniques and studies
- The HSE case (or safety case) and HSE management system
- Leadership, culture and behaviours
- Causes of major accidents
Course delivery details
Course format & materials
Enrolment on the course gives students access to the Risktec Online learning environment. The course material includes slides, explanatory notes, videos and references to further reading and useful websites. Students engage in online activities including optional tests to confirm their understanding.
End of course assessment
The assessment consists of 2 parts:
- Part 1: a short multiple choice quiz containing 10 questions, worth 25% of your final mark
- Part 2: three questions each requiring a short paragraph answer, with each answer contributing 25% to your final mark.
- The pass mark is 50%.
Other training formats
The course is also available as a private, customisable course for corporate clients (face-to-face, distance learning or blended learning).
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
TÜV Rheinland Risktec
With headquarters in Warrington and local offices across the UK, Middle East, Far East and North America, Risktec is a specialist provider of risk management and safety training for companies all over the world. As part of the TÜV Rheinland Group, Risktec operates...