Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Engineer Certificate (Process Hazard & Risk Analysis, In-house)
TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Engineer Programme (Process Hazard & Risk Analysis) - 4-day open course
Part of the TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Programme, this Process Hazard & Risk Analysis (PH&RA) course equips delegates with the skills needed to effectively manage process-related risks by implementing robust process safety management (PSM) systems.
Delivered over the course of 4 days, the programme addresses the fundamentals of PSM as well as the key aspects of hazard identification and risk analysis, assessment and treatment. Focusing on core methods including HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA and bowtie analysis, the course covers a combination of theory and practice with the aim of enabling delegates to:
- Apply the most widely recognised tools to identify & manage risks linked to process-related hazards
- Take active part in and support the entire hazard and risk analysis approach
- Pinpoint hazards and analyse risk, including applying the IEC 61882 HAZOP standard
- Apply the requirements of Functional Safety under IEC 61508 / IEC 61511 to process hazards & risk analysis
The course is designed to accommodate professionals from all major hazard industries, including oil and gas, nuclear and petrochemical. Successful completion of the examination results in a TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Engineer (Process Hazard and Risk Analysis) certificate.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone responsible for the evaluation and management of risks and hazards in the process industries. This includes:
- Process engineers, safety engineers and managers, instrument engineers and operations personnel, plant and operations managers.
- Persons involved in management, engineering, operations and safety of process operations.
- Persons with HAZOP study experience and a basic knowledge of loss prevention and safe working practice.
The training is not industry-specific, but suitable for attendees from all major hazard industries.
Delegates must have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the field of functional safety, AND
- A University degree (Master's or Bachelor's degree in Engineering) or equivalent engineer level responsibilities status, as certified by employer.
Persons without the necessary functional safety experience may take the course and sit the examination, but will only receive the FS Engineer (TÜV Rheinland) certificate after having attained the necessary 3 years of experience.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Delegates who are successful in the examination will be awarded the FS Engineer (TÜV Rheinland) certificate in electronic form.
The certificate is valid for 5 years.
Training Course Content
Course topics include:
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis
- Risk evaluation
- Risk treatment
- Risk managing
- Putting it all together
The 3.5 hour examination is held on the fourth day.
Risktec also delivers face-to-face, online or blended learning courses to suit clients' specific needs. Costs will vary depending on the delivery method, degree of customisation and number of participants taking part.
Provider: Risktec Solutions
Risktec Solutions - Specialist Risk Management Consultancy & Training Provider, part of the TÜV Rheinland Group
With headquarters in Warrington and local offices across the UK, Middle East, Far East and North America, Risktec is a specialist provider of risk management and safety training for companies all over the world. As part of the TÜV Rheinland Group, Risktec operates...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Risktec Solutions
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this TÜV Rheinland Functional Safety Engineer Certificate (Process Hazard & Risk Analysis, In-house) course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!