IOSH Managing Safely
Give managers and supervisors the knowledge and skills they need to manage health and safety within their teams.
Upon successful completion of the course and assessment, students are awarded a Managing Safely certificate from IOSH – the world’s largest health and safety membership organisation.
The course is designed to provide the knowledge and tools for you to use to make health and safety an integral part of day-to-day business, by providing information on important aspects of health and safety such as identifying hazards in the workplace.
As you study for your internationally recognised IOSH approved qualification, you will understand practical risk assessment and the practical actions required to ensure health and wellbeing in the workplace.
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
Enquire for more information
- In Company
- United Kingdom
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who Should Attend
This is an excellent course for anyone in a management or supervisory role. It is suitable for anyone who needs the knowledge to manage safely, in any sector and in any country around the world.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the training course delegates will be able to:
Demonstrate their understanding of:
- The importance of safety management systems and integrating health and safety into their responsibilities.
- Liabilities and accountability of organisations & individuals imposed on them by legislation.
Demonstrate their ability to:
- Identify hazards within their area of responsibility.
- Evaluate risks associated with the hazards using a recognised system.
- Decide on appropriate control measures in line with legislative requirements.
- Investigate incidents using a structured IOSH approved approach.
- Decide when improvements may be necessary based on performance indicators and accident/near miss investigations.
Safety Nation are an IOSH Approved Training Provider.
The certificate you will receive at the on completion of the course is the official IOSH Managing Safely certificate printed by IOSH and countersigned by us.
Training Course Content
- Introducing IOSH Managing Safely - The first module makes it clear that managers are accountable for the employees under their control, and makes a persuasive case for managing safely.
- Assessing risks - Explanation of the terms ‘risk’ and ‘risk assessment’. Delegates learn how to complete a basic risk assessment using the risk assessment process.
- Controlling risks - We look at the hierarchy of control and concentrate on the best techniques to control key risks. Delegates soon understand to look at first eliminating risk, whereas PPE is the last resort.
- Understanding your responsibilities - We review the legal system and health and safety law and enforcement. Then introduce the importance of having a health and safety management system.
- Identifying hazards - We explain all the common hazards that managers may face. Both those that are well known, but also the less obvious but important hazards.
- Investigating accidents and incidents - The importance of why accidents should be investigated is explained. The process of good accident investigation is described so that root causes can be identified.
- Measuring performance - This module explains how checking performance can help to improve health and safety. Delegates learn how to develop basic performance indicators. Auditing and proactive and reactive measuring are also shown.
Course delivery details
- This course has the face to face (open and in-house course delivery options).
- Anywhere in the UK and also delivered in person Internationally
Why choose Safety Nation
100% say they would use Safety Nation again
IOSH pass rate = 100%
Average rating 4.8
Tom engendered a great team spirit amongst the group with plenty of debate and discussion to complement Tom's knowledge and expertise. Tom delivered the training in an engaging ...
His teaching style encourages you to listen and pay attention, and take part in discussions about the topic to enhance your learning experience. Finding the course and booking w...
Courses are very detailed and easy to follow. I would definately recommend!
Course fee: £520 + VAT
Contact the provider for more information about pricing on corporate training
Completion of the managing safely certificate training course gives you a significant insight into the risk assessment skills required for management and supervisor positions.