IOSH Managing Safely Refresher
The IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course is designed to provide continued support to managers in dealing with health and safety issues in the workplace. Specifically, the course aims to:
- Revise key management responsibilities from the IOSH Managing Safely course
- Update relevant changes in relevant, good practice guidance, legislation and standards
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
Enquire for more information
- In Company
- United Kingdom
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who Should Attend
The IOSH Managing Safely Refresher course is designed for those who have attended and successfully completed an IOSH Managing Safely.
This is a great way for line management with responsibilities for health and safety who want to manage effectively to keep their IOSH Managing Safely knowledge up to date, in keeping with their organisation’s health and safety policy and in compliance with health and safety legislation and best practice.
Delegates must have previously completed an IOSH Managing Safely course, a refresher is recommended within 3 years, their latest certificate number will be required as evidence.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the training course delegates will be able to:
Demonstrate their understanding of:
- The importance of safety management systems and integrating health and safety into their responsibilities.
- Liabilities and accountability of organisations & individuals imposed on them by legislation.
Demonstrate their ability to:
- Identify hazards within their area of responsibility.
- Evaluate risks associated with the hazards using a recognised system.
- Decide on appropriate control measures in line with legislative requirements.
- Investigate incidents using a structured IOSH approved approach.
- Decide when improvements may be necessary based on performance indicators and accident/near miss investigations.
Safety Nation are an IOSH Approved Training Provider. We are listed in the trainers directory on the IOSH website.
The certificate you will receive at the on completion of the course is the official IOSH Managing Safely certificate printed by IOSH and countersigned by us.
Training Course Content
- Introducing IOSH Managing Safely - The first module makes it clear that managers are accountable for the employees under their control, and makes a persuasive case for managing safely.
- Assessing risks - Explanation of the terms ‘risk’ and ‘risk assessment’. Delegates learn how to complete a basic risk assessment using the risk assessment process.
- Controlling risks - We look at the hierarchy of control and concentrate on the best techniques to control key risks. Delegates soon understand to look at first eliminating risk, whereas PPE is the last resort.
- Understanding your responsibilities - We review the legal system and health and safety law and enforcement. Then introduce the importance of having a health and safety management system.
- Identifying hazards - We explain all the common hazards that managers may face. Both those that are well known, but also the less obvious but important hazards.
- Investigating accidents and incidents - The importance of why accidents should be investigated is explained. The process of good accident investigation is described so that root causes can be identified.
- Measuring performance - This module explains how checking performance can help to improve health and safety. Delegates learn how to develop basic performance indicators. Auditing and proactive and reactive measuring are also shown.
Course delivery details
- This course has the face to face (open and in-house course delivery options).
- Anywhere in the UK and also delivered in person Internationally
Why choose Safety Nation
100% say they would use Safety Nation again
IOSH pass rate = 100%
- Course fee: £ 240 + VAT
- In-company course fee: £795 exc. VAT.There is then an additional charge of £20 exc. VAT per person (maximum 20 in one group).