Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management and LeadershipSalford Professional Development
CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership
This Level 5 Certificate in Management and Leadership from Salford Professional Development is designed to give participants better knowledge of middle management skills and also the specific leadership skills which are appropriate to the individual and their workplace. This qualification focuses on personal development based on individual management capabilities and competencies.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Middle Managers, Aspiring Leaders
Training Course Content
The CMI Certificate accreditation comprises of three module courses and an accreditation process.
Managing Team and Individual Performance
- Explore the core skills, attributes and behaviours of an effective team leader as a developer of people.
- Examine your own strengths and consider how you can maximise your positive impact before considering any areas for personal development.
- Core skills in communication including appropriate use of language, neurological levels of communication and a range of tools and techniques for ensuring your message is clearly received and understood.
- Explores the leader’s role in supporting and developing staff members; identify how performance management processes can effectively support high performance and development.
- Learn and apply some effective coaching techniques, including the GROW model.
- Identify your own leadership style, and consider your personal resilience levels. Specify leadership challenges and concerns.
- Define what resilience means to the individual, and how this will support leaders in their roles.
- Examine case studies and examples of best practice in resilient leadership.
- Identify and apply theoretical models, including Transactional Analysis, to delegates’ real world challenges. Consider leadership communication, and how to approach challenge and under-performance in team members.
- Identify the challenges involved in leading through organisational change, and consider best practice approaches to successfully implementing changes whilst providing support and consideration to employee welfare.
Management Strategy and Decision Making
- Identify the difference between strategic and tactical decisions
- Roles you will play in the strategic decision making process
- How to evaluate your organisation’s strategic decision making process
- Identify different sources of information to inform decision making strategy – both quantitative and qualitative
- Analyse and scrutinise information to identify opportunities or advantages
- Use data to inform the decision making process and come to robust evidence based decisions
- Consider stakeholders who’ll be affected by the decision, develop communication frameworks and evaluate the impact.
Assessment and Accreditation
The Assessment and Accreditation process follows the completion of the three modules and will focus on the practical assessment of the core competencies. Assessment is via practical work based assignments which ensure minimal time away from work and that you undertake work study which is relevant to your own organisation’s context.
The cost of this course is £1995 +VAT per participant.
Salford Professional Development also offer this as an in-house option, please contact SPD for more details.
Salford Professional Development - Continued professional development training
Part of Salford University, Salford Professional Development (SPD) draws on over 100 years of educational experience and excellence to give professional delegates a chance to achieve their career goals. Offering courses that give Continued Professional Development (CPD), SPD teaches participants...
Salford Professional Development
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.