CMI Level 7 in Management and Leadership
High quality management and leadership skills are key to the success of an organisation. Leaders are a key component of the success, as they are the ones who create culture and expectation in their team. Excellent communication and motivational skills are needed in order to drive performance, delegating power and tasks whilst also maintaining high levels of accountability.
This Management and Leadership workshop from Salford Professional Development is designed to give managers the skills to build their strategic management and leaderships skills, and to focus on the implementation of the organisational strategy.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Training Course Content
- Identify your own leadership style, and consider your personal resilience levels. Specify leadership challenges and concerns.
- Define what resilience means to the individual, and how this will support leaders in their roles.
- Examine case studies and examples of best practice in resilient leadership.
- Identify and apply theoretical models, including Transactional Analysis, to delegates’ real world challenges. Consider leadership communication, and how to approach challenge and under-performance in team members.
- Identify the challenges involved in leading through organisational change, and consider best practice approaches to successfully implementing changes whilst providing support and consideration to employee welfare.
Managing Team and Individual Performance
- Explore the core skills, attributes and behaviours of an effective team leader as a developer of people.
- Examine your own strengths and consider how you can maximise your positive impact before considering any areas for personal development.
- Core skills in communication including appropriate use of language, neurological levels of communication and a range of tools and techniques for ensuring your message is clearly received and understood.
- Explores the leader’s role in supporting and developing staff members; identify how performance management processes can effectively support high performance and development.
- Learn and apply some effective coaching techniques, including the GROW model.
Management Strategy and Decision Making
- Identify the difference between strategic and tactical decisions
- Roles you will play in the strategic decision making process
- How to evaluate your organisation’s strategic decision making process
- Identify different sources of information to inform decision making strategy – both quantitative and qualitative
- Analyse and scrutinise information to identify opportunities or advantages
- Use data to inform the decision making process and come to robust evidence based decisions
- Consider stakeholders who’ll be affected by the decision, develop communication frameworks and evaluate the impact.
Strategic Leadership Day - Personal Development as a Strategic Manager
This reflective module will examine the skills needed to develop strategy, and communicate plans to achieve long term ambitions. Delegates will be required to explore and consolidate their own skills and experience in working at the senior, strategic level in a business environment, and compare this against best practice. We will consider the impact of organisational values on delivery and performance, and how strategy can best be translated into real operational delivery through the hiring and development of the right people.
- Consider good practice as a senior and strategic leader
- Improve own strategic leadership ability through reflective practice
- Apply a research based strategic process to learner centric challenges
- Understand how to conduct empirical enquiry, and conduct research on a leadership related issue within own organisation
Assignments to complete
- Personal leadership development as a strategic manager
- Reviewing organisational strategy plans and performance
The cost of this course is £2195 + VAT per participant.
Salford Professional Development also offer this as an in-house option, please contact SPD for more details.
Salford Professional Development - Continued professional development training
Part of Salford University, Salford Professional Development (SPD) draws on over 100 years of educational experience and excellence to give professional delegates a chance to achieve their career goals. Offering courses that give Continued Professional Development (CPD), SPD teaches participants...
Salford Professional Development
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.