Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Fashion & Luxury Advanced Management Program - 5 Day Executive Education Course held in Shanghai
The importance of fashion & luxury business
It is now widely accepted that the most successful companies in the long run are the ones that pursue differentiation strategies. Being perceived as unique is the most advantageous approach to overcome competitors in today’s hypercompetitive and global world. In fashion and luxury businesses (products and services), differentiation strategies are taken to the extreme. The pure functionality of the product or service is combined with intangible elements, like branding and reputation. Tangibles and intangibles are mixed together in a creative way to be perceived as unique and diverse. In recent years, luxury as a concept has been used by many players as a
The EBITDA (Earnings Before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation and Amortization) of the so-called luxury players have
attracted many investors.
Experiences and practices in fashion and luxury businesses can be adapted and adopted in a b2b environment to escape the squeeze in the middle of the range. Widening the wedge between client’s willingness to pay and company cost opportunity is at the end the ultimate goal of managers. According to Robert Grant (SDA Professor of of Strategic and Entrepreneurial Management Department), beyond constraints of technical and market factors, the potential in any product or service for differentiation is limited only by the boundaries of the human imagination.
The program will valorize the experience of two Institutions which are based in two of the most important fashion capitals in the world, Milan and Shanghai, and will focus on the players which are best in dealing with successful differentiation strategies.
The program will be held in Shanghai, 16th -20th May.
A complementary week module is scheduled in Europe in early July and covers Milan, Paris and Geneva, by visiting the three most worldwide known countries for Fashion, Luxury, Jewellery, Watches and Cosmetics. The study trip will be a combination of company visits and in-class insight provided by faculty and industry experts.
The program will be held in English with a simultaneous translation in Chinese.
The program will address the fashion and luxury business world with a broad focus and cross industry approach. We will present experiences from fashion and accessories, from jewels and watches, and also from auto and yachting industries and from hospitality and private banking.
We will adopt a strategic and managerial perspective with an international focus. You will be exposed to different successful cases in Asia and the comparison with European and North American experiences.
Exploring the world of luxury is useful to enhance understanding of the logic strategy behind any luxury good or service. A focus on luxury is relevant as some luxury-related methods, tools and strategies are being used frequently with success in other b2c industries, particularly in related to product aesthetics and communication treatment. Furthermore, companies and brands operating in luxury business are characterized by peculiarities in terms of products, management and value creation activities that, if understood in their intrinsic logic, can be applied to different industries.
1. An outstanding faculty recognized by industry. All faculty are deeply involved in this vibrant business
2. Many networking opportunities with industry leaders and professional
3. Uniqueness of this industry
4. Field trip to heart of business in Europe: Milan, Paris and Geneva
What value will you get?
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Outline specifics of luxury competitive strategies to be used as best practices for students coming from different business backgrounds and industry experiences.
- Understand the strategic logic behind luxury business and, more generally, symbolize intensive goods or service.
- Present a tool-kit to effectively create, implement and sustain a successful differentiation strategy on the basis of luxury based company experience
- Identify key models observed in luxury industries to be adopted successfully in other context (b2c or b2b)
Interested in learning more about this Fashion & Luxury Advanced Management Program? Request Information from SDA Bocconi School of Management here
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Fashion & Luxury Advanced Management Program Executive Education Course is designed to target managers from both Chinese and International Companies interested in developing knowledge and networking in China.
The ideal candidate is working in one of the following environments:
- Managers or Entrepreneurs of Chinese companies aimed at developing a more effective strategy in luxury business, improving their brand culture, their value proposition with an approach which mixes and matches Chinese culture and Western best practices
- Managers or Entrepreneurs of International companies who are looking at the opportunità in China in a more actual way, with a perspective which considers new trends and in-depth knowledge of the Chinese market
- Managers of International companies which are already operating in China but want to enrich their presence by acquiring the most advanced competencies in the business.
Fashion & Luxury Advanced Management Program Content
This Fashion & Luxury Advanced Management Program covers both macro and micro perspectives combining a high level approach with the delivery of concrete and applicable tools and techniques, in the following areas:
Importance of Luxury Industry
• Luxury market in the world and in China
• Specificities of luxury business
• Why China is so important for the luxury industry in the world
Importance of the luxury business in mature markets
• Luxury in relation to customers, suppliers and distribution
• Aesthetic research
• Luxury and quality
• Technological innovation and productive tradition
The operational model of luxury business
• Luxury as a perception
• Product Structure
• The product-client relationship
• The operational definition of a luxury product
• How to manage activities that define the luxury product
Assortment, products and branding of luxury goods
• Product - brand relationship
• How to define the production assortment
• Assortment in retail and wholesale distribution
Luxury Consumers in different markets: China
• What kind of luxury works in China and why?
• Chinese luxury consumer behaviors, typologies and cases
Luxury Consumers in different markets: Japan
• The Japanese market for luxury
• The importance of different industries
• The Japanese customer
• Communication and retail in Japan
Luxury Consumers in different markets: Europe and North America
• The European and the American market for luxury
• The importance of different industries
• The European customer
• The American customer
• Communication and retail in Europe and North America
How to communicate luxury branding in China
• The power of luxury brands
• Luxury brand extension and brand lifecycle
• Key luxury branding tools
• Luxury communication models
• Strategic key points in China with cases illustration
Internationalization and Globalization Strategies
• When and how to go international
• Product adaptation and cultural models
• Internationalization strategies
Business Model’s Innovation
• Luxury and innovation
• Luxury and new technologies
• Product, process and business model innovation
• Perspectives for the future
In addition to these sessions there are also industry specific perspectives in which the focus is on the value generation processes and in the future trends of the Chinese market compared with the western situation.
The fee of this SDA Bocconi Fashion & Luxury Advanced Management Program in Shanghai is 35,000 RMB or 3,900 EURO (depending if enrolment is made at Fudan or SDA Bocconi) and includes all the teaching materials and meals during the day and for evening special events.
*The tuition does not cover the accommodation in Shanghai.
The price for the whole program and including the complementary week module is 60,000 RMB or 6,700 EURO.
SDA Bocconi School of Management SDA Bocconi is the leading School of Management in Italy and also stands among the top-ranked European Institutions. Founded in 1971, with its over 40-year experience, SDA Bocconi School of Management is a pioneer in...
Tell us what kind of professional training you're looking for and we'll put you in touch with relevant training providers who will send you a quote.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.