Essentials of Management
Essentials of Management - 2-Day Course
This programme is intended for newly appointed managers, or aspiring managers, and is designed to give delegates an insight into the people and management skills required in leading a team for the first time. The workshops will be participative and interactive and there will be opportunities throughout for group discussion on issues raised by delegates.
By the end of this two-day programme delegates will:
- Understand what is involved in leading the team
- Appreciate the different team roles
- Know how to motivate individuals and teams
- Be capable of setting SMART goals and objectives
- Be capable of communicating better with people at all levels
- Recognise the benefits of assertive behaviour
- Be able to coach team members effectively
- Understand the importance of effective delegation
- Understand how to run an effective team briefings
This programme is designed as a two-day programme. However, delegates may choose to attend one or both days.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for new and aspiring managers looking to develop the management and people skills needed to lead a team for the first time.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
The course is worth 6 or 12 CII (Chartered Insurance Institute) CPD hours, depending on whether candidates attend one or both days of training.
Training Course Content
The course is structured as follows:
Leading the team
- The difference between managing and leading
- Team leader roles and responsibilities
- Leadership behaviours
- Motivating the Team
- Setting SMART objectives
- Leadership styles
- Different Team roles (Belbin)
- Team conflict
- Handling difficult people
Effective communication skills
- The “communication equation”
- Active listening
- Removing ambiguity
- Creating rapport
- Giving and receiving feedback
- The difference between passive, aggressive and assertive behaviour
- The benefits of assertive behaviour
The leader as coach
- What is coaching?
- Reasons for coaching
- Tools and techniques of coaching
- Coaching development plan
- Why delegate?
- Barriers to delegation
- The effects of poor delegation
- The process of delegation
- Delegation as a development tool
Team briefing/presentation skills
- The importance of effective team briefing
- What to include
- What makes a good team briefing
- Basic presentation skills (including brief presentation by each delegate, with feedback from delegates and tutor)
Contact Searchlight for more information and pricing details.
Searchlight - Leading UK Training & Consultancy Company for Insurance and Financial Services Professionals
Searchlight is the UK's foremost provider of training for the insurance and financial services industry, covering the full range of technical, regulatory and soft skills needed by professionals operating in this dynamic business environment. Searchlight was the first organisation to receive...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Searchlight
Find out more about this Essentials of Management course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!