Insurance Broking Practice
Insurance Broking Practice
This one day participative workshop provides an excellent introduction to the principles and practices involved in insurance broking. It will be suitable for staff working at technician / front line insurance level with more than 2 years experience in insurance.
The workshop can be used as a good grounding for staff and will provide an introduction to many of the subjects covered by the P81 examination.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Introduction to Insurance Broking & Advice Skills training course is designed for anyone who has recently entered the insurance broking field working directly in the market or in a supporting area. This would include insurance company and underwriting staff who may be dealing with insurance brokers in their work.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Describe the legal duties of insurances brokers, differentiating between retail/wholesale producing/placing brokers
- Describe the role of the Financial Services Authority the main elements of ICOBS distinguishing between the different rules for consumers, commercial customers and contracts of large risks
- Explain the purpose of the Financial Services Compensation scheme
- Identify how complaints and errors and omissions can arise and how to deal with them
- Identify the main components of insurance programme design
- Explain the major considerations in selecting an insurer panel and an insurer for a specific risk
- Explain how to deliver contract certainty to clients
- Describe the role of the insurance broker in claims handling
- Outline the risk management and other consultancy services brokers can offer
Training Course Content
- How the law applies to brokers
- To the insured, the underwriter, to other brokers
- The main elements of terms of business agreements
- The regulation of brokers for different types of client and business
- The Financial Services Compensation scheme and how it applies to different types of client and business
- Complaints procedures and the Financial Ombudsman Service
- Errors and omissions
- How they can arise
- How to deal with them
- How to avoid them
- Insurance programme design
- Excess layers and umbrella policies
- Global programmes
- Selecting insurers
- Specific risks
- Fair analysis
- Placing risks
- Assessing clients demands and needs
- Submissions to insurers
- Presenting terms to clients
- Contract certainty
- The brokers duties
- Risk management and consultancy services
- Benefits to clients
- Captive Insurance Companies
Contact Searchlight for more information and pricing details.
Searchlight - Leading UK Training & Consultancy Company for Insurance and Financial Services Professionals
Searchlight is the UK's foremost provider of training for the insurance and financial services industry, covering the full range of technical, regulatory and soft skills needed by professionals operating in this dynamic business environment. Searchlight was the first organisation to receive...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Insurance Broking Practice course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!