Liability Insurance Claims – Introduction
Liability Insurance Claims - Introduction
This workshop provides an excellent introduction to the principles and practices involved in general liability insurance claims. It explores the aspects which need to be understood by those involved in providing basic technical or administrative services in claims and underwriters.
The workshop focuses on general commercial liability claims (employers’ liability, public liability, products liability insurance) but the principles covered are those which apply to all liability insurance claims.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is for individuals involved in providing basic technical or administrative services in claims and underwriters
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Attendance of this course awards up to 6 CPD hours where considered relevant to your professional development needs.
Training Course Content
- The need for liability insurance
- The main sources of liability
- The main provisions of cover and the main hazards encountered
- Overview of the UK legal system
- How civil liability can attach through common law/tort, contract or statute, including a detailed overview of the key torts (negligence, nuisance, trespass, defamation and strict liability)
- Typical policy structure, covers, conditions and restriction and how this applies to claims
- The claims process:
- Explaining the fundamental difference between legal and policy liability
- Notification & investigation
- Overview of recent legal and social trends that have impacted on liability insurance • Testing (optional)
The cost of this course is £ 205.00
Searchlight - Leading UK Training & Consultancy Company for Insurance and Financial Services Professionals
Searchlight is the UK's foremost provider of training for the insurance and financial services industry, covering the full range of technical, regulatory and soft skills needed by professionals operating in this dynamic business environment. Searchlight was the first organisation to receive...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Liability Insurance Claims – Introduction course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!