AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping - Advance Your Career in Finance
Accredited by the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping is designed to provide you with the intermediate level bookkeeping knowledge needed to progress in your finance career.
This classroom course delivered by Souters helps you attain this industry-recognised qualification with flexible, high quality training that will provide you with skills in:
- Double entry bookkeeping
- Understanding control accounts and journals
- Extracting a trial balance
These transferable skills will enable you to open up new career opportunities and provide you with the expertise needed to become a professional bookkeeper, whether for an external organisation or for your own business.
In order to provide the utmost flexibility, Souters delivers this course as a full-time programme run over 5 days or in in part-time evening sessions over the course of two months.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed for individuals looking to enhance their understanding of bookkeeping principles in order to advance their finance careers.
An intermediate level course, it is suitable for:
- Those who have completed the introductory bookkeeping level and want to build on their skills
- Those already working in finance and looking to gain an industry-recognised qualification
- Those who aspire to work in bookkeeping in large finance departments or as independent professionals
- Those who run their own business and would prefer to do their own bookkeeping
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Students who successfully complete the course and assessments will be awarded the AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping.
Training Course Content
The course content is as follows:
- Processing bookkeeping transactions
- Understanding double-entry bookkeeping, integrating books of prime entry and describing coding system functions
- Understanding discounts and settlement, trade and bulk discount differences
- Preparing and processing customer and supplier invoices and credit notes
- Totalling and balancing a 3-column analysed cash book
- Totalling, balancing and reconciling petty cash records within an analysed petty cash book
- Processing ledger transactions and extracting a trial balance
- Control accounts, journals and the banking system
- Understanding the purpose and use of control accounts and journals
- Maintaining and using control accounts and the journal
- Reconciling a bank statement with the cash book
- Understanding the banking process and main services of banks and building societies
- Understanding requirements of retention and storage relating to banking documents
The fee for this classroom course is £499 per participant.
AAT Registration and exam fees are not included.
This course provides the knowledge needed to progress on to AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting, which is the main Level 3 qualification of the AAT and provides letters after your name of AATQB.
qualifications at Level 3.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Souters is a renowned training provider that has been successfully delivering PA courses, Secretarial courses, Office Manager Courses, Administration Courses, Legal Secretarial courses, as well as Bookkeeping, Finance and Microsoft Office Training, since it was founded in 1988. Located in...
Find out more about this AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!