Business Law Course - Company-specific Course for Legal Professionals in UK - Souters
This comprehensive Business Law Course is a combination of two courses (Corporate & Commercial Law) and is delivered over two days. This in-house Business Law course combines Commercial Law and Corporate Law modules simultaneously to gain a combined discount for the two courses.
This is the in-company version of the course which means that the course can be customised depending on the specific requirements of clients. The course can be offered for groups of participants at Souters' London centre or at the clients site. For bespoke training clients are advised to contact Souters for a quote.
The Commercial Law unit aims to help legal support staff and people in financial firms gain a comprehensive understanding of Contract Law, Intellectual Property and Consumer Law.
The Corporate Law unit aims to help provide a quality big picture understanding of Corporate Law for staff in Legal and Financial firms and those looking to understand the subject. This unique unit is designed to reflect the importance of the expanding area of corporate law, and will be of interest to students intending to work within the legal sphere. The course is also of interest to professionals working outside of law, who are intending to use their knowledge of Corporate Law in a commercial sense.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Business Law Course is suitable for staff in Legal and Financial firms.
It is at an introductory level and it can be taken by legal professionals, without experience in the area, legal support staff and non-lawyers.
The course provides a strong overview of the subject.
The course is also ideal for people working in non legal fields, who require a strong understanding of Business Law (Corporate & Commercial Law).
Training Course Content
The Business Law (Corporate & Commercial Law) Course is designed to cover the following units:
Commercial Law - 1 day
- The formation of a contract: Offer and acceptance; Consideration; Legal Intent; Capacity.
- The contents of a contract: Incorporation of Terms; Types of terms within a contract; Exemption Clauses; Privity of contract.
- Vitiating factors: Duress and Undue Influence; Misrepresentation; Mistake; Illegality.
- Discharge and remedies: Discharge of a contract; Remedies.
- Consumer protection: Consumer protection under the Law. Intellectual Property: Legal concepts of Property; Copyright; Patents; Trade marks. Essentials of Application & procedure (Practical sessions)
Corporate Law - 1 day
- The nature of a company and formation of a company:(limited liability partnerships, benefits of trading as a company, partnership or limited liability partnership)
- The Companies Act 2006;
- The Corporate Veil;
- Classification of companies;
- Formation of registered companies and Registrar of Companies; Winding up of companies
- The management of a company: Directors; The company secretary; The auditor; Company registers; The annual return; Accounts and accounting records;
- Company finance: Debentures, funding considerations; Shareholders: The nature of Shares; Company meetings; Resolutions;
- The legal effect of the Articles and Memorandum.
Bespoke training costs vary depending on your requirements. Please enquire with Souters for more information.
Souters is a renowned training provider that has been successfully delivering PA courses, Secretarial courses, Office Manager Courses, Administration Courses, Legal Secretarial courses, as well as Bookkeeping, Finance and Microsoft Office Training, since it was founded in 1988. Located in...
Find out more about this Business Law course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!