Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Office Manager Course - Company-Specific Office Admin Training Course in UK - Souters
This comprehensive five-day training course in Office Admin and Management is designed to provide an intense exposure to the varied skills needed by an office manager in a diverse, small to medium sized business.
Experienced trainers with Souters will provide delegates with the confidence and ability to perform efficiently within their companies.
The course is highly practical and includes lectures, presentations and practical exercises that will enable course attendees to develop their expertise in Office Management.
The course can be offered at Souters London office or at the client's site depending on the specific requirement. Aspirants are advised to contact Souters for bespoke training.
This Office Manager Course is accredited by the CPD Institute, which accredits high quality professional training course that lead to real professional and career development.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Office Manager training course is suitable for administration staff looking to become a supervisor or office manager; existing office managers looking to enhance on the job performance and knowledge/skill base.
Course pre-requisites: Some office experience and at least a good level of secondary education.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successful completion of this office manager course results in improved employability as well as confidence on the job. Delegates will also be provided with a certification for successful completion.
Training Course Content
The course comprises a mixture of theory, interactive sessions and practical exercises.
Key areas covered in the first two days of the course are:
- Policies and procedures of organisations
- Effective Business letter writing
- Preparation of Business letter, emails, faxes etc
- Explanation of organisational charts
- Health and Safety in the office
- Legislation and related compliance
- Customer facing skills
- Staff codes or practice, handbooks etc.
- IT equipment; communications equipment.
- Effective Team working
- Budgets and target setting
- Explanation of management styles
- Filing and keeping organisational records
- Equal opportunities and diversity in the workplace
- Management of time
From Day 3:
The key functions of an Office Manager
- Understand why your role is important.
- Key duties and skills
- What is an Office Manager? The role defined.
- Why are objectives important?
- How to set objectives for your team
- How to co-ordinate with higher level objectives
- Learn the finer points on why effective communication is so important; become an effective communicator and leader
- Learn the importance of assertiveness in performing your role
- Assertive versus Passive behaviour
Confidence building – get your own “can do” mindset!
- How to build your self-confidence and become a more effective performer and leader
- Lead through example
- Learn how to spread this confidence into the wider team
- Negotiate effectively
- Get the most out of your budget
- Decision making techniques
- Problem solving
- Manage stress in yourself and the team
- Effective conflict management
Leadership - Be a great team leader; discover how your team can reward you.
- Delegation and supervision
- Team working and leadership
- Motivation- how to find the magic touch
- Importance and application of objectives in team and group dynamics
- Working well with colleagues
- Coaching as a tool
Managing time – get your priorities right and stay on top of your role.
- Time management
- Organising the team
Knowledge of related functional areas
- HR (Human Resources) functions and activities
- Project management and planning - an overview.
The importance of the client
- Why are customers so important
- How to keep this in focus
- Complaint handling
Your future career
Bespoke training costs vary depending on your requirements. Please enquire with Souters for more information.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Souters is a renowned training provider that has been successfully delivering PA courses, Secretarial courses, Office Manager Courses and Administration Courses, Legal Secretarial courses, as well as Bookkeeping, Finance and Microsoft Office Training, since it was founded in 1988. Located...
Find out more about this Office Manager course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.