Office Manager Course
To provide intense exposure to the varied skills needed by an office manager in a modern workplace. To provide confidence and the ability to perform efficiently within your organisation.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Administrative professionals looking to become a supervisor or office manager; existing office managers looking to enhance job performance and knowledge/skill base.
We offer an Office Manager Diploma for Office Managers looking for a more comprehensive and longer programme. This programme will combine the Office Manager Course with a Microsoft Office Diploma for Office Managers.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
- Job readiness
- Increase in confidence
- Expand skillset
- CPD accreditation
- Improved employability and confidence on the job.
- CPD Certification on successful completion
The CPD qualification (Continuing Professional Development) is a form of accredited training required by many professional bodies such as solicitors, barristers, accountants and many more.
Not only are CPD Courses well respected and known across the globe but they are also often required for certain industries. A CPD-accredited course on your CV is likely to benefit your job prospects greatly.
Training Course Content
The key functions of an Office Manager
- Understand why your role is important.
- Key duties and skills
- What is an Office Manager? The role is defined.
Knowledge of related functional areas
- HR (Human Resources) functions and activities- induction process
- Project management and planning an overview.
- Health and Safety for Office Managers
- Facilities and premises management
- Budgeting and finance
- Why are objectives important?
- How to set objectives for your team
- How to coordinate with higher-level objectives
- Learn the finer points of why effective communication is so important; become an effective communicator and leader.
- Learn the importance of assertiveness in performing your role
- Assertive versus Passive behaviour
Confidence building, get your own can-do mindset!
- How to build your self-confidence and become a more effective performer and leader
- Lead through example
- Learn how to spread this confidence to the wider team
- Negotiate effectively
- Get the most out of your budget
- Decision-making techniques
- Developing and recording new office procedures for streamlining and efficiency
- Manage stress in yourself and the team
- Effective conflict management
Leadership Be a great team leader; discover how your team can reward you.
- Delegation and supervision
- Team working and leadership
- Motivation- how to find the magic touch
- Importance and application of objectives in the team and group dynamics
- Working well with colleagues
- Coaching as a tool
Managing time get your priorities right and stay on top of your role.
- Time management
- Organising the team
The importance of the client
- Why are customers so important
- How to keep this in focus
- Complaint handling
Your future career
- Career Development plan
Course delivery details
Face-to-face three-day office manager course with live tutors in a virtual classroom, combining theory, interactive sessions and practical exercises.
Why choose Souters
Offering courses since 1988
Interest free credit financing
Fully accredited training centre
Average rating 5
The trainer was good and engaging. Working with other more effectively and the team was great.
I enjoyed the ambience and the tutors. I will take Project Management in the future.
Very interactive class, I like it.
Souters is a renowned training provider that has successfully delivered PA courses, Executive Assistant courses, Office Manager Courses, Administration Courses, Legal Secretarial courses, Bookkeeping, Finance and Microsoft Office Training since it was founded in 1988. Located in the City of...