Office Manager Diploma - A 5-Day Office Admin & Management Training Course in London
This comprehensive five-day training course in Office Admin and Management is designed to provide an intense exposure to the varied skills needed by an office manager in a diverse, small to medium sized business.
Our experienced trainers will provide delegates with confidence and the ability to perform efficiently within their companies.
The course is highly practical and includes lectures, presentations and practical exercises that will enable course attendees to develop their expertise in Office Management.
The course also includes flexi-time IT training available for the MS Office module at the end of the class.
This course is CPD accredited.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Office Manager Diploma training course is suitable for administration staff looking to become a supervisor or office manager; existing office managers looking to enhance on the job performance and knowledge/skill base.
Course pre-requisites: Some office experience; good general education.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By completing this training course, delegates will gain improved and more confident on the job performance. They will also be provided with a Certification for successful completion.
Training Course Content
The Office Manager Diploma training course is designed to cover the following units:
The course comprises a mixture of theory, interactive sessions and practical exercises. Key areas covered in the first three days of the course are:
The first two days of the course focus on technical and administrative skills:
- Preparation of Business documents, letters, faxes etc
- Organisational charts
- Business letter writing
- Health and Safety
- Legislation and compliance
- Equal opportunities and diversity
- Customer focus
- Staff codes or practice, handbooks etc.
- IT software and hardware; communications equipment.
- Team working
- Policies and procedures of organisations
- Targets and budgets
- Different management styles explained
- Time management
- Filing and keeping records
From Day 3 the focus is on managerial skills:
The key functions of an Office Manager
- Understand why your role is important.
- Key duties and skills
- What is an Office Manager? The role defined.
- Why are objectives important?
- How to set objectives for your team
- How to co-ordinate with higher level objectives
- Learn the finer points on why effective communication is so important; become an effective communicator and leader
- Learn the importance of assertiveness in performing your role
- Assertive versus Passive behaviour
Confidence building – get your own “can do” mindset!
- How to build your self-confidence and become a more effective performer and leader
- Lead through example
- Learn how to spread this confidence into the wider team
- Negotiate effectively
- Get the most out of your budget
- Decision making techniques
- Problem solving
- Manage stress in yourself and the team
- Effective conflict management
Leadership - Be a great team leader; discover how your team can reward you.
- Delegation and supervision
- Team working and leadership
- Motivation- how to find the magic touch
- Importance and application of objectives in team and group dynamics
- Working well with colleagues
- Coaching as a tool
Managing time – get your priorities right and stay on top of your role.
- Time management
- Organising the team
Knowledge of related functional areas
- HR (Human Resources) functions and activities
- Project management and planning - an overview.
The importance of the client
- Why are customers so important
- How to keep this in focus
- Complaint handling
Your future career
Microsoft Office training (MOS) in three MS Office products of your choice to Proficient Level (or Expert if preferred) within our Microsoft Academy environment.
The cost of the Office Manager Diploma with Souters is £1,199 per person.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Souters is a renowned training provider that has been successfully delivering PA courses, Secretarial courses, Office Manager Courses and Administration Courses, Legal Secretarial courses, as well as Bookkeeping, Finance and Microsoft Office Training, since it was founded in 1988. Located...
Average rating 5Based on 3 reviews
Find out more about this Office Manager Diploma course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Faced with redundancy, learn how Justina Barratt used skill-building to turn her situation around.