Project Management for a PA, Office Manager and Senior Support StaffSouters
Project Management Course in London - A 2 Day Training Course for Executive Assistants, PAs and Office Managers
This two-day highly practical Project Management training course aims to give additional insights, tools and techniques for running effective projects. By the end of the course delegates will understand the project cycle and be able to plan using tools and processes.
The course is delivered as a workshop where participants will learn how to use gap analysis and risk analysis, and identify the needs of multiple stakeholders and the different people involved in delivering the project. In addition, participants will gain tools and methods that will assist them in completing the project on-time, on-budget and on-specification.
This Project Management training course is not just about what to do to plan, design, manage and deliver projects, but also about the mindsets and behavioural patterns required for successful projects and avoidance of misalignment among teams. In addition to these key areas in Project Management, you will also learn a process to enable you to innovate solutions more easily.
This course is CPD accredited.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Practical Project Management for PAs, is aimed at Personal Assistants, Executive Assistants, Office Managers and Project Assistants who already, or in the future, will be involved in planning and organising projects.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By completing this Project Management training course, participants will:
- Know how to redesign your CV to meet Project requirements from EA, PA and Office Manager profiles.
- Have a clear understanding of the key transferable skills of an EA, PA or Office Manager.
- Obtain an overview of the key skills (technical and soft skills) needed to move into Projects.
- Learn the project terminologies.
- Understand the methods of planning.
- Obtain an overview of key Project Management Models (including the Project Lifecycle, PRINCE 2, 7S Model, 6C Model and more).
- Have a good understanding of pressures and constraints that impact Project Management and how to cope with these aspects of the industry.
- Perform practical exercises on planning and feasibility analyses.
- Understand the importance of planning control and the use of appropriate soft skills will be demonstrated throughout the course.
- Understand the mix of technical skills, project specific knowledge and people skills.
Training Course Content
- An overview of key project management models and their associated terminologies
- What is Project Management
- The Project Lifecycle model
- Planning a project and the associated models
- The optimal mix of soft skills required by a Project Manager
- Skills and experience of a good PM
- The Project Team
- Why is the skillset of an Executive PA and Office Manager ideal for Project Management
- Managing time and resources constraints
- Case studies of real life project situation and how to deal with them.
- An overview of PRINCE2
- An overview of Project Management IT software
- Closing off and Post completion audit
- Controlling and Executing a Project
- Defining and researching the project; SWOT, Cost Benefit Analysis and Objectives
- Using Gantt Charts, Critical Path Analysis and other methods to present project progress, monitor and control.
- In depth review of Project Lifecycle
- Risk Management
- Project constraints
The cost of this course is £599 per person.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Since 1988, Souters has been delivering specialised training to PAs, Executive PAs and Secretaries in London. Learn more about the benefits of studying with Souters.
Souters is a renowned training provider that has been successfully delivering PA courses, Secretarial courses, Office Manager Courses and Administration Courses, Legal Secretarial courses, as well as Bookkeeping, Finance and Microsoft Office Training, since it was founded in 1988. Located...
Find out more about this Project Management for a PA, Office Manager and Senior Support Staff course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!