Teaching Assistant: Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in SchoolsSouth London College
If you want to have a career working with young children in primary and secondary school, taking the NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools is an excellent choice of course for you. You will be introduced to the skills and knowledge of how to teach children in a school setting, whether it is a regular school or a special needs school. The course is comprehensive and will focus on areas such as young people’s development, communication and safeguarding their welfare.
The certification will enhance your skills and knowledge on what it takes to work in a school environment. The course will discuss key topics, including how to maintain effective and healthy relationships with young people, children and adults.
The NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools will give you the opportunity to gain a good income job in the capacity of a teacher, and the chance of working with young people and furthering their causes.
Eligible for TOTUM card - TOTUM is the #1 student discount card and app giving you access to exclusive student deals on food and fashion, tech and travel and everything in between.
- Gain an understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children or young people in primary, secondary or special schools
- Learn about children and young people’s development, safeguarding their welfare and communication
- This course is suitable as an initial training, and is suitable for those who are not yet working in a Level 3 school role
- This course covers an age range from 5 to 19 years of age. Please note that some knowledge of development in the early years has been included in the specification to enhance learners understanding
- Qualification type:CACHE Level 3 Award
- Qualification title:NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Accreditation status:Accredited
- Guided Learning Hours (GLH):80
- Total Qualification Time (TQT):120
- Qualification number (QN):500/9963/2
Suitability - Who should attend?
Learners will need to be over the age of 19, and must demonstrate the following:
- Vocational or academic qualification at Level 2 or higher
- Basic level of literacy, numeracy and ICT ability
In order to qualify for the programme, you will need to submit a completed application form which will be provided to you. This form should be provided to us within a month of enrolment, along with the following;
- Proof of educational qualifications
- You must provide an identification document such as a passport or a driving license.
Upon submission of the documents, your application will be reviewed. If you fail to meet the entry requirements of the programme, your application will not be accepted.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will be awarded an NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.
CACHE are continually investing in high quality qualifications for the care and education industry, making them the UK’s leading sector specialist. Developed by experts, CACHE qualifications help millions of learners to raise professional standards across the sector. As a result, CACHE has gained a deserved reputation for excellence and leadership. NCFE is a National Awarding Organisation, passionate about designing, developing and certificating diverse, nationally recognised qualifications and awards. These qualifications contribute to the success of millions of learners at all levels, bringing them closer to fulfilling their personal goals. Last year alone, over 340,000 learners from over 2,000 colleges, schools and training organisations chose NCFE as the Awarding Organisation to help them move their careers forward.
Training Course Content
Awarding Body Registration
Course Syllabus and Summary
Understand Child and Young Person Development [L/601/1693]
Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People [Y/601/1695]
Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults [F/601/3327]
Schools as organisations [A/601/3326]
Recommended Reading Materials
The course will be directly delivered to you, and you have 12 months access to the online learning platform from the date you joined the course. The course is self-paced and you can complete it in stages, revisiting the lectures at any time.
Method of Assessment
The learner must achieve 4 mandatory Level 3 units, totalling 12 credits. There are no exemptions, barred combinations or equivalent units. The Award will be assessed by your Tutor or Assessor, using a range of methods. This may include direct observation in the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments or a task.
Four Mandatory Units:
- Unit 1: Understand Child and Young Person Development
- Unit 2: Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People
- Unit 3: Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Unit 4: Schools as organisations
The NCFE CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools qualification provides learners with the opportunity to progress to the Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools, the Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools and into the workforce. It is suitable for learners not yet in a school role but who have the capability to achieve at Level 3 or for learners in a Level 2 role, wishing to demonstrate that they are ready for the progression to Level 3. It is also suitable as an initial training for those newly in post. The Award shares four mandatory units with the Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. This enables credits and learning to be transferred from this qualification to the Level 3 Certificate, providing a direct progression route.
South London College is a well-established Professional online education provider in the United Kingdom and it aims to meet the employment needs of the youth and people in the United Kingdom and other parts of the world. South London College...
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Vocational & College Courses
Vocational & College Courses