Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
CITB - Site Management Safety Training Scheme - Refresher (SMSTS-R)Southwest Health and Safety Training Limited
CITB - Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme - Refresher (SMSTS-R)
This course aims to bring health and safety knowledge up-to-date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics, many building on the previous five-day course programme.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Site Management Safety Training Scheme – Refresher (SMSTS-R) course is for delegates who have previously passed the full Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course or subsequent refresher course, and can provide proof of attendance.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
This course will help site managers to:
- Improve awareness of recent developments in construction, legislation and health, safety, welfare and environmental issues.
- Identify measures that will assist the practical implementation of responsibilities established by new legislation and new working practices.
Training Course Content
The course has four main modules that are broken down as listed below:
- Health and safety law
- The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- Health and safety policies
- Risk assessments and method statements
- Induction and training
- Effective communication
- Leadership and worker engagement
- Inspection and audit
- Statutory forms, notices and registers
- Management of health
- Welfare facilities
- Stress and mental health at work
- Drugs and alcohol
- Control of substances hazardous to health
- Dust and fumes
- Manual handling
- Site organisation
- Fire prevention and control and dangerous substances
- Electrical safety
- Temporary works
- Plant and work equipment
- Mobile plant and vehicles
- Lifting operations and equipment
- Mobile workforce and driver safety
- Work at Height Regulations
- Safe working at height
- Common access equipment
- Fall arrest and suspension equipment
- Underground and overhead services
- Confined spaces
Southwest Health and Safety Training Limited
Southwest Health and Safety can provide you or your business with a comprehensive health and safety training service. As one of the UK’s foremost health and safety course providers, we only use safety trainers who have been approved by our awarding...
Find out more about this CITB - Site Management Safety Training Scheme - Refresher (SMSTS-R) course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.