CITB - Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)Southwest Health and Safety Training Limited
CITB - Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
The SMSTS course covers all relevant legislation affecting safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. It highlights the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture within the workforce.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation affecting your daily work
- Implement new guidance and industry best practice
- State your duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
- Certification for this course is valid for 5 years. To remain certified in this area, you will need to take a refresher course before the expiry date on your certificate, otherwise the full course will need to be retaken
Suitability - Who should attend?
The Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) is intended for construction site managers, project managers and senior supervisors.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of the Site Management Safety Training (SMSTS) course, delegates will be aware of and be able to:
- Manage health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions, and within the
context of their management or supervisory role.
- Develop an understanding of responsibility and accountability for site health, safety and welfare, and recognise that a safe site is efficient, economical and productive.
- Implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which effects them during their daily work.
- Implement new guidance and industry best practice.
- State their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment.
SMSTS – Construction Site Managers Safety Certificate will be awarded to those persons who successfully complete the course including the compulsory final examination.
Training Course Content
The SMSTS course has plenty of discussions, best practice sharing, syndicate exercises and case studies.
Some of the Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course content will require delegates to compile and present their understanding of how to comply with current legislation for assessment by presenting tool box talks and a planning exercise.
During the SMSTS course, projects are undertaken in groups and constantly assessed by the course tutor. At the conclusion of the course, delegates are required to undertake a short multiple choice assessment.
Southwest Health and Safety Training Limited
Southwest Health and Safety can provide you or your business with a comprehensive health and safety training service. As one of the UK’s foremost health and safety course providers, we only use safety trainers who have been approved by our awarding...
Find out more about this CITB - Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!