NEBOSH National General CertificateSouthwest Health and Safety Training Limited
NEBOSH National General Certificate
The National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is the most widely held health and safety qualification of its kind in the UK with over 170,000 people having gained the qualification since it was launched in 1989.
It is suitable for managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisations making day-to-day decisions at work who need a broad understanding of health and safety issues and to be able to manage risks effectively.
Many people take the NEBOSH National General Certificate as a first step in a career in health and safety. It provides a valuable overview, and is a sound basis for further professional study.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisations who need a broad understanding of health and safety issues. The certificate helps them manage risks effectively. Many people take the NEBOSH National General Certificate as a first step in a career in health and safety. It provides a valuable overview, and is a sound basis for further professional study.
The standard of English required by candidates studying the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety must be such that they can both understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
For some, the NEBOSH National General Certificate is a first step towards a career as a health and safety professional. For others, it forms part of an important set of qualifications that will bring them success and advancement in whatever field they choose.
This qualification meets academic requirements for Technical Membership (TechIOSH) of IOSH and Associate Membership (AIIRSM) of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
The many benefits of taking your NEBOSH Certificate with Southwest Health and Safety include:
- Achievement – Southwest have excellent pass rates consistently from 95-100%
- Expert tutor support – Our tutors will be on hand to support you all the way through the course
- Interactive training – with discussions, case studies and application to workplace case studies
- Confidence – Ensuring that you are well prepared for all exams with revision materials and exam question practice
Training Course Content
The NEBOSH General Certificate course syllabus is made up of the following units, incorporating the Plan, Do, Check, Act management system:
NGC 1 – Management of Health and Safety
- Foundations in health and safety
- Health and safety management systems – PLAN
- Health and safety management systems – organising – DO (1)
- Health and safety management systems – risk assessment and controls – DO (2)
- Health and safety management systems – monitoring, investigation & recording – CHECK
- Health and safety management systems – audit and review – ACT
GC 2 – Controlling workplace hazards
- Workplace hazards
- Transport hazards
- Musculoskeletal hazards
- Work equipment hazards
- Electrical hazards
- Fire hazards
- Chemical & biological hazards
- Physical & psychological health hazards
GC 3 – Health and Safety Practical Application
Unit GC3 is assessed by one practical assessment carried out in the candidate’s own workplace.
Southwest Health and Safety Training Limited
Southwest Health and Safety can provide you or your business with a comprehensive health and safety training service. As one of the UK’s foremost health and safety course providers, we only use safety trainers who have been approved by our awarding...
Find out more about this NEBOSH National General Certificate course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!