AutoCAD Essentials - Foundation/Level 1SquareOne Training
AutoCAD Essentials - Foundation/Level 1
In just three days, this training course will provide delegates with the knowledge and skills to proficiently and accurately navigate and use AutoCAD or AutoCAD Light. Intended for users with no previous experience in the programme, this training course will cover all aspects of using AutoCAD, including navigating the interface, features and commands.
Delegates will learn-by-doing to experience useful techniques for creating accurate 2D drawings as well as tips and tricks for efficiency in the program.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This AutoCAD Essentials Level 1 course is designed for teams and individuals who are new users of AutoCAD or AutoCAD Light.
No previous CAD experience is necessary, although drafting, design or engineering experience would be an advantage. It is recommended that delegates have a little working knowledge of Microsoft Windows.
For more information on suitability, please send an enquiry here.
Training Course Content
This AutoCAD Essentials Level 1 course is designed to educate individuals on the essential functions and concepts of AutoCAD or AutoCAD Light and will include the following modules:
- Communicating with AutoCAD
- Understanding the AutoCAD user interface
- Getting out of trouble
- Options for starting a drawing
- Managing drawing files
Viewing a Drawing
- Understanding drawing scale in AutoCAD
- Moving around a drawing in “real time”
- Time-saving display tools
Basic Drafting Tools
- Using different coordinate systems in CAD
- Using object snaps to control accuracy
- Saving time with running osnaps
- Your electronic T-square
Creating and Editing 2D Geometry
- Creating lines, circles, and arcs in AutoCAD
- Erasing, moving, copying, scaling, and rotating objects
- Using grips for better editing
Managing Object Properties
- Adding windows
- Organising drawing geometry using layers
- Working with different linetypes
- Options for changing object properties
Basic Drawing Techniques
- Using AutoCAD to make objects parallel, longer, repeat, or symmetrical
- Trim unwanted segments, round object corners Creating orthographic views
Saving Time with Blocks
- Draw something once and use it many times over
- Using a library of drawing components
- Using components from other drawings
- Use single and multiline text
- Learning dimension techniques
- Dimensioning angles, arcs and circles
- Quick dimensions
Working with Layouts
- Creating sheets for plotting
- Using viewports
- Setting layouts to plot to scale
Improving Drawing Appearance
- How to use hatch patterns to represent different parts or materials
Getting Your Drawings Out
- Plotting options, controlling plotting scale
For teams, groups and companies, this course is also available on an in-house basis and can be customised to the specific needs of each organisation. For a custom training quote, please send an enquiry here.
SquareOne Training is an internationally renowned IT Training company who create inspiring, motivational and cost effective training services which bring about tangible improvements in productivity. They specialise in providing classroom courses, Microsoft upgrade training, IT consultancy and large-scale rollout support...
Find out more about this AutoCAD Essentials - Foundation/Level 1 course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Read about SquareOne's global projects in New Hardware and Software Refresh and Microsoft Lync/Skype Rollout.