Excel: Intermediate (Level 2)
Perfect for those who are comfortable with the basics of Excel, our Excel Intermediate course is a fantastic two-day option for those looking to build extensive spreadsheets for the workplace and be able to use Excel to show data in a graphical form that will enhance your business skills.
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
Enquire for more information
Suitability - Who should attend?
Designed and delivered by industry leading trainers, this course will teach you features such as IFs, VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables and how to work and manipulate large data and linked sheets.
Upon completion, all delegates will receive a certificate of attendance, an extensive manual, and the confidence to progress to advanced levels of Excel.
Training Course Content
Overview of shortcuts
- Recap of Shortcuts and Tips
- Customising the Ribbon to include useful shortcuts
- Refresh on everyday Formulae
- Recap of Absolute Cell Referencing
- Create Range Names
- Navigate using Range Names
- Print Range Name Areas
- Create Formulae using Range Names
- Learn how to setup 3D spreadsheets which have identical design and data on each sheet
- Setup Print design for all sheets, including Headers and Footers
- Copy, Move, Rename, Colour Sheet Tabs
- Hide and Unhide Tabs
- Link data from one sheet to another with Formulae
- Group and Edit all sheets
- Linking Data from other Workbooks
- IF Statements (includes nested IFs)
- VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP
- XLOOKUP (Office 365 courses)
- Apply Shading, Icon Sets and DataFills to cells based on criteria
- Calculations in Conditional Formatting
- Format Painter
- Setting up Restriction on how Cells are Inputted as Dates, Numbers or Time
- Setting up Cell Entries as a List
- Range Names and Tables in Data Validation
- Limit the Characters of a Cell Entry
- Create Error Messages
- Protecting Worksheets and Workbooks
Working with Large Data
- Split your Worksheet
- Freeze Panes
- Tips on Formatting
- Hiding and Unhiding Columns and Rows
- AutoFilter including tips and tricks
- Sort and Custom Sort
- Removing Duplicates
- Entering date Formulae
- Today Formula
- Customising Date Formats
- Use the Trim, Proper, Left and Right Functions
- Concatenate Text
- Text to Columns
- Paste Special Options
- Flash Fill
Creating Tables and Format Tables
- Calculations in Tables
- Totals in Tables
- Preparation of Data
- Create Pivot Tables
- Create Dynamic Pivot Tables
- Format Data
- Group Data in Pivot Tables
- Sorting inside Pivot Tables
- Conditional Formatting in Pivot Tables
- Creating Tabs from Data
- Refresh Data
- Report Layouts
- Report Subtotals
- Creating Charts Using a Function Key
- Creating Charts Using the Insert Tab
- Changing the Chart Type
- Formatting Charts
- Adding Titles and Customising
- Sparkline’s and Timelines
Why choose SquareOne Training
25 years' experience of delivering quality IT Training Services
All trainers Certified Microsoft Office Trainer (MOS) or higher
Public and in-house training throughout the UK
Average rating 4.9
v-look up on Excel was good. The trainer was great, very interactive, and positive!
I enjoyed all the modules and learned lots of new keyboard shortcuts. My knowledge has been expanded in all areas. Lorna is a great tutor and the pace was great. Her knowledge i...
I enjoyed learning about VlookUp. Lorna was an amazing trainer.
This Microsoft Excel Level 2 training course is offered both as an open/scheduled course and an in-house training course.
The in-house training will be delivered in the form of a closed course at your company's premises. SquareOne can come to you no matter where you are based throughout the UK. The cost of this training course is available upon request.
With 30 years of experience in IT training, personal skills, and consultancy, SquareOne specialise in crafting and delivering exceptional industry leading training courses. Our extensive range of courses are tailored to cater to a diverse range of learning preferences and...
Read about SquareOne's global projects in New Hardware and Software Refresh and Microsoft Lync/Skype Rollout.
At SquareOne Training we take pride in designing Spreadsheets for our customers, so we were delighted to be asked to design a solution to track staff courses and KPI alerts. This spreadsheet was implemented in 2018, but completely changed the way the company worked and made the data not only accurate but trackable.