Microsoft Outlook: Time Management
This course has been created for existing users of Outlook – it covers advice and best practice guidelines for time management and how to get the most out of Outlook in order to become more effective. You will learn how to:
- Create a system for managing Email effectively.
- Combine Email and tasks to plan your work.
- Search and organise your mail.
- Setup and maintain a good contact list
- Schedule time in your calendar for maintaining your system.
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
- Self-Paced Online
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for existing users of Outlook.
For more information on suitability, please send an enquiry here
Training Course Content
Sending and Creating Messages Advanced Messages
- Advanced Email Options
- Using Voting Buttons to get Targeted Answers that can be Tracked
- Quick Links for Sending to Groups of People you Frequently Email
- Creating Building Blocks to Save Repetition of Typing
- Creating and Switching Between Multiple Signatures
- Attaching Files: Items vs Links
- Saving Single and Multiple Attachments
- Removing Attachments and Saving Files to Save Storage in Outlook
Learn about Microsoft 4 D's Mail Management
- This topic talks about the 4 main rules for managing and maintaining a good mailbox
Distribution Lists and Contacts
- Importance of Adding Contacts Instead of Suggested Contacts
- Managing Suggested Contacts
- Creating Distribution Lists
- Sharing or Forwarding Distribution Lists
Managing your Mailbox
- Understanding the Differences between Folders and Views
- Creating Views
- Creating Search Folders
- Searching Mail in Multiple Folders
- Searching Tips
- Setting Rules
- Tips for Quick Deletion of Emails
- Flagging and Colouring Emails for Email Tracking
- Setting Email Reminders for Yourself and Others
- Marking an Email Flag as Complete
- Tracking Conversations and Flags
- Creating Project and Relevant Categories
Out of Office Assistant
- Working with Messages whilst in the Office i.e. Filing Automatically
- Working with the Out of Office i.e. Redirecting Mail, Setting Up Automatic Message Replies
- Creating, Editing and Deleting Appointments/Meetings
- Setting up Tasks
- Setting up Events
- Recurring Events and Meetings
- Opening Other Calendars
- Sharing Calendars
- Creating Calendar Groups
- Scheduling View to Organise Meetings
- Categories for Meeting Type
- Creating Tasks
- Creating Recurring Tasks and Alerts
- Assigning Task
- Tracking and Updating Tasks
Why choose SquareOne Training
25 years' experience of delivering quality IT Training Services
All trainers Certified Microsoft Office Trainer (MOS) or higher
Public and in-house training throughout the UK
Average rating 4.9
Great trainer, clear to understand. Using the new version of outlook as i wasn't aware there would be an update and the calendar for outlook was very helpful to use
Learning to use the calendar was good.
Scheduling polling was great. Excellent training
For information on pricing for this open/scheduled course, please send an enquiry here
This course can also be delivered in-house and tailored to meet the particular requirements of your organisation.
With 30 years of experience in IT training, personal skills, and consultancy, SquareOne specialise in crafting and delivering exceptional industry leading training courses. Our extensive range of courses are tailored to cater to a diverse range of learning preferences and...
Read about SquareOne's global projects in New Hardware and Software Refresh and Microsoft Lync/Skype Rollout.
At SquareOne Training we take pride in designing Spreadsheets for our customers, so we were delighted to be asked to design a solution to track staff courses and KPI alerts. This spreadsheet was implemented in 2018, but completely changed the way the company worked and made the data not only accurate but trackable.