Project - Level 1SquareOne Training
Project - Level 1
This course is designed to teach you the essentials of Microsoft Project so that you can plan and manage project schedules. By the end of this course you will have a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Project basics, so that you can work confidently and efficiently to generate a plan, assign resources to tasks, track progress, manage budgets and analyse workloads.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Course is for users who are Project managers wanting to gain a basic knowledge of MS Project or users who will be creating and maintain Project plans.
Delegates should have a good level of PC and windows skills, and a basic knowledge of MS Office. No existing knowledge of MS Project is required.
Training Course Content
Getting Started with Project
- The Role of Microsoft Project
- The Microsoft Project Environment
- Display an Existing Project Plan
- The Gantt Chart View
- The Network Diagram/PERT Chart View
Creating a Project Plan
- How to Create a New Project Plan
- Assign a Project Calendar
- Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Edit the Task List
- Define the Activity List
- Create the Work Breakdown Structure
- Create Summary Stages
Creating the Project Schedule
- Understand Task Durations
- Define Milestones
- Understand and Create Task Relationships
- Link Dependent Tasks
- Add Tasks to the Timeline
- Identify the Critical Path
- Set Task Constraints and Deadlines
- Add Recurring Tasks
- Add Notes to a Task
Managing Resources in a Project Plan
- Understand Resource/Types
- Work with Resource Calendars and Availability
- Add Resource Costs
- Assign Resources to Tasks
- Resolve Resource Conflicts
Finishing a Project Plan
- Shorten a Project Using the Critical Path
- Set a Baseline
- Print a Project Summary Report
To request a quote for a place on this open course, please request information here.
This course can also be delivered in-house and tailored to meet the particular requirements of your organisation.
SquareOne Training is an internationally renowned IT Training company who create inspiring, motivational and cost effective training services which bring about tangible improvements in productivity. They specialise in providing classroom courses, Microsoft upgrade training, IT consultancy and large-scale rollout support...
Find out more about this Project - Level 1 course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Read about SquareOne's global projects in New Hardware and Software Refresh and Microsoft Lync/Skype Rollout.