Revit Architecture EssentialsSquareOne Training
Revit Architecture Essentials
This course has been designed for professionals who wish to learn how to produce architectural models and project using AutoDesk Revit Software.
After completing this course you will be able to:
Understand Revit’s interface and terminology, set up and begin a project, create a model using architectural components, create and modify roofs, stairs and railings, dynamic drawing schedules, detail your model using call out and drafting views and understand project collaboration.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Pre-requisites: Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and architectural design and drafting concepts.
For more information on suitability, please send an enquiry or call us on 0151 650 6907.
Training Course Content
Introduction to BIM and Autodesk Revit
- Understand how BIM has changed how a building is planned, designed, and constructed
- Introduction to the Revit user interface
- Views, cameras, line weights
- Best techniques for selecting / manipulating / hiding objects
- Best methods for creating and organising new views
- Learn the right way to create a new project – what to do first, second, etc. – and avoid mistakes later on
Editing in Revit
- Use copy, align, move, mirror, trim, offset and fillet tools
- Setting Up Grids and Levels
- Revit Modelling Techniques
- Discussion of Revit modelling techniques – pros and cons
- Create your own wall type to see how Revit works
- Create basic foundations to improve level of detail for sections and details
- Create a section and modify how it looks
- Use the technique of aligning model elements to different floors to avoid repetitive tasks and ensure accuracy
Developing Your Model
- Create internal walls, dealing with internal wall issues
- Sketch and modify floor boundaries
- Create vertical openings in intermediate floors
- Insert doors and windows in walls
- Create additional door and window sizes of a certain type
Working with Roofs
- Learn different methods for creating roofs, from simple pitched to bespoke commercial
- Two types of tools for creating staircases
- Create a staircase that meets building regulations in just 4 clicks
- Use a 3D box section to check your staircase & identify problems
- Add ceilings and bulkheads by selecting a room boundary or by sketch
- Add ceiling components, including lighting and fixtures
- Adding Components
- Add simple furniture, understand families and hosted families
Tags & Schedules Overview
- Why schedules in Revit are 100% accurate
- Set up detail views and add detail components
- Create filled regions
- Create a detail based on a section callout
- Creating Construction Documents
- Add sheets with title blocks and project views
Annotating Construction Documents
- Options for adding and modifying dimensions
- Add text notes to views and sheets
- Add detail lines and symbols to clarify design intent
- Create legends
Why choose SquareOne Training
25 years' experience of delivering quality IT Training Services
All trainers Certified Microsoft Office Trainer (MOS) or higher
Public and in-house training throughout the UK
For information on pricing for this open/scheduled course, please give us a call on 0151 650 6907.
This course can also be delivered in-house and tailored to meet the particular requirements of your organisation.
SquareOne Training is an internationally renowned IT Training company who create inspiring, motivational and cost effective training services which bring about tangible improvements in productivity. They specialise in providing classroom courses, Microsoft upgrade training, IT consultancy and large-scale rollout support...
Find out more about this Revit Architecture Essentials course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Read about SquareOne's global projects in New Hardware and Software Refresh and Microsoft Lync/Skype Rollout.
At SquareOne Training we take pride in designing Spreadsheets for our customers, so we were delighted to be asked to design a solution to track staff courses and KPI alerts. This spreadsheet was implemented in 2018, but completely changed the way the company worked and made the data not only accurate but trackable.