Basic Sports First Aid - In-House Course
This in-house Basic sports first aid course by St John Ambulance delivers the knowledge needed to deal with a range of common sporting injuries and incidents. The one day in-house programme has been designed for anyone regularly involved in sporting activities - whether you are a player, coach, referee, PE Teacher or leader of a sports club.
Participants will develop their understanding of the role of the sports first aider, communication and casualty care and the general principles of managing a medical emergency.
What students get on this in-house course
- A student training pack containing everything you need for this course and beyond, including a first aid reference guide and first aid supplies
- One training manikin for every two students, giving you more practice than with any other provider
- No more than 12 students for each trainer, so plenty of one to one guidance
- Those who qualify from this course will be provided with Associate Membership Insurance at no extra charge. Visit sja.org.uk/ami for details.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anyone who requires training in first aid skills to deal with a wide range of sporting incidents.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Candidates are assessed through continuous observation by the trainer.
Successful candidates will receive a St John Ambulance certificate valid for three years.
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
- The role of the sports first aider
- Managing an emergency
- Communication and casualty care
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Chest pains
- Extremes of heat and cold
- Managing a casualty outdoors
- Primary survey
- Resuscitation (adult and child)
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty.
If you have a group that requires training, St John Ambulance can come to you and deliver the course directly on your premises, saving you both time and money.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Watch this new video by St John Ambulance and find out how you can save a choking baby using first aid skills.
St John Ambulance - First Aid and Health & Safety Training that Saves Lives
As the UK's leading first aid charity, St John Ambulance’s aim is to teach as many people first aid as possible so that no one suffers for the lack of a trained first aider. With this in mind, they train...
Find out more about this Basic Sports First Aid (In-House) course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!