Emergency First Aid at WorkSt John Ambulance
Emergency First Aid at Work - 1 Day Course
The St John Ambulance Emergency first aid at work course is ideal for businesses and organisations whose risk assessment indicates that first aid training covering emergency protocols only is sufficient. It helps to meet regulatory requirements.
This course replaces the ‘appointed persons’ course and covers the fundamentals of dealing with an emergency and providing casualty care, as well as helping delegates develop skills in handling the most common first aid emergencies. These include bleeds, burns, choking, fainting, seizures, shock, resuscitation and dealing with an unconscious casualty.
St John Ambulance offers those who complete the Emergency first aid at work course their first half day Annual refresher course for half price.
What students get on this course
- A student training pack containing everything you need for this course and beyond, including a first aid reference guide and first aid supplies
- One training manikin for every two students, giving you more practice than with any other provider
- No more than 12 students for each trainer, so plenty of one to one guidance
- Those who qualify from this course will be provided with Associate Membership Insurance at no extra charge. Visit sja.org.uk/ami for details
- First Annual refresher course half price.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anyone who requires training in emergency first aid protocols.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
There is a written assessment and continuous observation by the trainer.
Successful candidates will receive a St John Ambulance certificate valid for three years.
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
- The role of the first aider
- Managing an emergency
- Communication and casualty care
- Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty.
This course runs in training centres all over England and prices vary depending on the venue chosen.
If you have a group that requires training, St John Ambulance can come to you and deliver the course directly on your premises, saving you both time and money.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Watch this new video by St John Ambulance and find out how you can save a choking baby using first aid skills.
St John Ambulance - First Aid and Health & Safety Training that Saves Lives
As the UK's leading first aid charity, St John Ambulance’s aim is to teach as many people first aid as possible so that no one suffers for the lack of a trained first aider. With this in mind, they train...
Find out more about this Emergency First Aid at Work course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!