Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
First Aid at WorkSt John Ambulance
First Aid at Work - 3- Day Practical Training Course
The St John Ambulance First aid at work course provides delegates with the confidence and practical skills needed to become a competent first aider in the workplace.
The highly practical course is designed to comply with the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations, delivering both the knowledge and techniques needed to handle common first aid emergencies effectively.
Candidates will explore the role of a first aider, how to manage an emergency and how to communicate in emergency situations, as well as develop the skills to deal with casualties suffering from a wide range of injuries and conditions including bleeds, chest pains, choking and shock. It also deals with how to treat an unconscious casualty, including CPR.
St John Ambulance offers those who qualify on the three-day First aid at work course their first Annual refresher course free.
What students get on this course
- A student training pack containing everything you need for this course and beyond, including a First Aid Manual, first aid supplies and activity sheets
- One training manikin for every two students, giving you more practice than with any other provider
- No more than 12 students for each trainer, so plenty of one to one guidance
- Those who qualify from this course will be provided with Associate Membership Insurance at no extra charge. Visit sja.org.uk/ami for details
- First Annual refresher course free.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anyone who wishes to become a fully qualified workplace first aider.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
There is a written assessment and continuous observation by the trainer.
Successful candidates will receive a St John Ambulance certificate valid for three years.
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
- The role of the first aider
- Managing an emergency
- Communication and casualty care
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Chest pains
- Eye injuries
- Head injuries
- Low blood sugar
- Resuscitation (adult only)
- Severe allergic reaction
- Spinal injuries
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty.
This course runs in training centres all over England and prices vary depending on the venue chosen.
If you have a group that requires training, St John Ambulance can come to you and deliver the course directly on your premises, saving you both time and money.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Watch this new video by St John Ambulance and find out how you can save a choking baby using first aid skills.
St John Ambulance - First Aid and Health & Safety Training that Saves Lives
As the UK's leading first aid charity, St John Ambulance’s aim is to teach as many people first aid as possible so that no one suffers for the lack of a trained first aider. With this in mind, they train...
Find out more about this First Aid at Work course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!