Healthcare Workplace Resuscitation - In-House Course
This in-house St John Ambulance course has been specifically designed to allow those working in the healthcare industry to update their resuscitation skills.
All healthcare professionals should be proficient in resuscitating unconscious patients and must attend training every three years. Those with a duty to respond to paediatric emergencies must be trained in a specific protocol for children and infants. Non-healthcare professionals working in a healthcare setting should also be proficient in performing CPR .
This in-house course teaches how to deal with unconscious casualties of all ages.
What students get on this in-house course
- A student training pack containing everything you need for this course and beyond, including a first aid reference guide and first aid supplies
- One training manikin for every two students, giving you more practice than with any other provider
- No more than 12 students for each trainer, so plenty of one to one guidance
- Those who qualify from this course will be provided with Associate Membership Insurance at no extra charge. Visit sja.org.uk/ami for details.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Healthcare professionals and others working in the healthcare industry who need to learn or update resuscitation skills.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Candidates are assessed through continuous observation by the trainer.
Successful candidates will receive a St John Ambulance certificate valid for three years.
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
- Communication and casualty care
- Primary survey
- Resuscitation (adult/child/infant)
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty (adult/child/infant).
If you have a group that requires training, St John Ambulance can come to you and deliver the course directly on your premises, saving you both time and money.
Get Inspired! Watch the Video
Watch this new video by St John Ambulance and find out how you can save a choking baby using first aid skills.
St John Ambulance - First Aid and Health & Safety Training that Saves Lives
As the UK's leading first aid charity, St John Ambulance’s aim is to teach as many people first aid as possible so that no one suffers for the lack of a trained first aider. With this in mind, they train...
Find out more about this Healthcare Workplace Resuscitation (In-House) course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!