Certificate in Nutrition for Physical Activity & Sport RSPHSt Mary's University, Centre for Short Courses & CPD
The Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Physical Activity and Sport RSPH (QCF) course teaches understanding of nutrition and diet and their effect for physical activity and sport. The course is designed for those who work in the health, fitness or catering professions and promote healthy eating or the preparation of meals, menus and diets for sportspeople at all levels of ability.
Whilst enrolled upon the course you will study the nutritional requirements for a healthy diet, the effect of diet on health and the importance of hydration. The principles of nutrition are applied to fulfilling the dietary requirements for physical activity and sport.
This qualification is made of two components: Principles of Nutrition and Nutrition for Physical Activity and Sport. Whilst studying the two units you will cover:
- Sources functions and use of macro and micro nutrients
- Hydration, dietary requirements and food choices of individuals throughout life
- Components of energy consumption and expenditure
- Effects of diet on health
- Food labelling requirements
- Understand the requirements for nutrients and hydration during physical activity
- Optimal hydration guidelines for participants in different physical activities and sports
- Understand the relationship between nutrition and physical activity
- How to estimate energy requirements based on physical activity levels and other relevant factors
- Energy expenditure and nutrient use for different physical activities
- Understand how to advise participants in physical activities on nutritional strategies (and menus) to improve performance
- Nutritional strategy for participants to improve performance
- Use of performance enhancing products and sports drinks in nutritional planning for participants in sports and physical activity
The course is assessed via
- Written assignments
Upon successful completion of this course candidates will be awarded a Level 4 Certificate in Nutrition for Physical Activity and Sport from The Royal Society for Public Health.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
St Mary's University, Centre for Short Courses & CPD
St Mary’s University is well known for being one of the top places to study higher education in London – but did you know they offer short courses? You don’t have to spend three years at this prestigious institution to...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!