Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage (ITEC)St Mary's University, Centre for Short Courses & CPD
The Level 3 Diploma in Body Massage (ITEC) course is designed to provide training for giving safe massage treatments that are both commercially acceptable and performed in accordance with legislation and establishment rules.
Whilst enrolled upon the course you will study three distinct units:
- Body massage
- Anatomy and physiology
- Business Practice for Complementary Therapies
You will study anatomy and physiology which covers the following:
- Body systems: skeletal, muscular, circulatory and lymphatic, neurological, endocrine, respiratory, digestive, urinary and reproductive.
- Anatomical planes and positions
- Skin, hair and nails
- Common pathologies affecting each body system
Applying the foundation of knowledge of anatomy and physiology, you will learn how to give a full body massage. During the course you will cover the following:
- Full body massage using a variety of techniques
- The treatment environment and the working area
- Therapist appearance and behaviour
- Client care and preparation
- Legislation and working practices
- Client consultations including contraindications and restrictions
- Reflective practice
- The history and philosophy of massage
- Good practice and legal obligations
- Principles and practice for complementary therapies
Whilst studying you will both give and receive massages so please be prepared; this is a practical, hands-on course.
The course is assessed via
- 36 treatments
- Final practical exam which includes oral questioning
- Written assignments
- Multiple choice paper
Upon successful completion of this module, you will be awarded an ITEC level 3 Diploma in Massage. You will be a fully qualified masseur who can gain insurance and set up your own business or gain employment within the industry.
Suitability - Who should attend?
If you already hold an equivalent qualification in one of three units (Body massage, Anatomy and physiology, Business Practice for Complementary Therapies), you may receive RPL and be excused from part of the course. Please contact the Short Courses team if you would like to discuss this.It is recommended that you should have achieved a level of education equivalent to five GCSE's at grades A*- C prior to commencing the ITEC Level 3 Diploma in Massage, however exemptions may be made for adult returners with experience of the work place.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
St Mary's University, Centre for Short Courses & CPD
St Mary’s University is well known for being one of the top places to study higher education in London – but did you know they offer short courses? You don’t have to spend three years at this prestigious institution to...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!