Level 4 Award in Nutrition - RSPH (QCF)St Mary's University, Centre for Short Courses & CPD
The Level 4 Award in Nutrition – RSPH (QCF) course is designed for those who require an understanding of nutrition and diet and their effect on health. This course is particularly relevant for you if you work in the health, fitness or catering professions, promoting healthy eating, preparation of meals or menus and diets.
Whilst enrolled on the course you will study the nutritional requirements for a healthy diet, the effect of diet on health and the importance of hydration. You will study the following topics:
- Sources functions and used of macro and micro nutrients
- Dietary sources of macro and micro nutrients
- Physiological functions of macro and micro nutrients
- Hydration, dietary requirements and food choices of individuals throughout life
- Components of energy consumption and expenditure
- Energy, hydration and nutrient requirements at different lifetime stages
- Factors that affect nutrient requirements in relation to social, cultural, religious and ethnic groups
- Effects of diet on health
- Relationship between diet and disease
- Possible dietary influences for different groups
- Legislation as it relates to labelling and advertising of food
- Food labelling requirements
- Legal requirements in relation to health claims and nutrition claims
The course is assessed via
- Written assignment
Upon successful completion of this course candidates will be awarded a Level 4 Award Certificate in Nutrition from The Royal Society for Public Health.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
St Mary's University, Centre for Short Courses & CPD
St Mary’s University is well known for being one of the top places to study higher education in London – but did you know they offer short courses? You don’t have to spend three years at this prestigious institution to...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!