Live Virtual Training availableCourse Overview
The Oral Preparation Workshop is designed to help participants prepare for the BCS Oral examination, which they must pass before being awarded the Diploma.
The Oral exam consists of a 50-minute interview with two BCS (ISEB) oral examiners. The examiners' evaluate whether participants can put all of the techniques they have learned from the various Certificate modules into an overall context and verify that they have the required analytical and interpersonal skills to be awarded the Diploma.
During the Oral Preparation Workshop candidates have the opportunity to revise the various modules they have taken and are prepared for what they might expect from the examiners during the Oral exam.
Key areas of the workshop are:
- Revision of the core modules of the BCS Diploma in Business Analysis
- Revision of the specialist modules of the BCS Diploma in Business Analysis
- Sample oral questions, how to approach them and practice answers
In addition, delegates who attend this workshop are given free access to a unique e-learning service, which, apart from providing an invaluable revision tool, also covers two key areas of the Oral syllabus which delegates may not have covered; namely Legal issues and Types of Organisation in Business Analysis. Access to this begins before the workshop and continues afterwards to enable users to prepare thoroughly.Course Content
The context for business analysis
- The rationale for business analysis
- Sectors of the economy
- Business environment analysis
- Legal framework for business analysis
- SWOT analysis
- Business performance measurement
- Business change lifecycle
Business analysis techniques
- Investigating and documenting business situations
- Stakeholders and perspectives
- Business activity modelling
- Business events and business rules
- Gap analysis
- Rationale for making a business case
- Contents of a business case
- The financial case
- Investment appraisal techniques
- Risk / impact analysis
- Lifecycle for the business case
- Rationale for requirements engineering
- Elicitation techniques and their relevance
- Rationale and approach for requirements analysis
- Rationale and approach for requirements negotiation
- Rationale and approach for requirements validation
Requirements management and documentation
- Rationale and approach for requirements management
- Change and version control
- Types of requirements
- Documenting requirements
- Rationale for modelling requirements
- Approach to modelling processing and data
Selected knowledge-based specialist module
- Relevance of specialist module to the business analyst
- Taking a holistic view
- Competencies of a BA
- Professionalism and business analysis
- Lifecycle relevant to the BA and the specialism
Selected practitioner specialism
- Relevance to role and responsibilities of the business analyst
- Description and application of techniques and / or approaches from specialist module
- Practice questions
At the end of the workshop the trainer, who is always an experienced oral examiner, provides participants with practice in handling the types of questions that they will face in the oral examination.
Last Edited: May 2016
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Live Virtual Training with our live Course Instructor is offered for all our courses. Take the course from the comfort of your office, home or any location of your choice, nationally and internationally. Public schedule and Closed Company courses. Flexibility...
Find out more about this Business Analysis Diploma - Oral Preparation Workshop course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
799 GBP-1,079 GBP
3,295 GBP-3,495 GBP