Developing AngularJS Web ApplicationsStayAhead Training
The Developing AngularJS Web Applications course focuses on using AngularJS 1 to facilitate development of single-page web applications that use the Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern.
This course will teach you how to use AngularJS directives and expressions in HTML5 documents and write AngularJS controllers, filters and services to build a complete Single Page Web Application (SPA).
Exercises and examples are used throughout the course to give practical hands-on experience with the techniques covered.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Creating dynamic data-driven HTML5 templates, views and controllers
- Creating and utilising models
- Understanding and using Angular Expressions for data binding
- Managing Angular Scopes
- Designing Angular Forms
- Using Ajax and JSON to retrieve data
- Producing reusable custom AngularJS directives
By the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Understand the design of single-page applications (SPA) and how AngularJS 1 facilitates their development
- Properly separate the model, view and controller layers of applications and implement them using AngularJS
- Master AngularJS expressions, filters and scopes
- Build Angular forms
- Elegantly implement Ajax in your AngularJS applications
- Write AngularJS directives
- Understand how to Unit test and end-to-end test AngularJS applications
- HTML & CSS
- jQuery Web Development
- Developing Applications with Java EE
- PHP Programming
- Course technical content is subject to change without notice.
- Course content is structured as sessions, this does not strictly map to course timings. Concepts, content and practicals often span sessions.
Course Contents - DAY 1
- Administration and Course Materials
- Course Structure and Agenda
- Delegate and Trainer Introductions
Session 1: INTRODUCTION TO ANGULARJS
- What does AngularJS do for me?
- Who controls AngularJS?
- How can I get AngularJS?
Session 2: A FIRST ANGULARJS APPLICATION
- A basic application
- Using angular-seed
- The pieces of the puzzle
- Two-way data binding
- How it fits together
- How much of the page is an Angular application?
- Model, View, Controller from the AngularJS Perspective
Session 3: CONTROLLERS
- Where Controllers fit in and what they do, from Angular's perspective
- Managing Scope
- Setting up Behavior
- Building a basic controller
- A more advanced controller
Session 4: MODELS
- How to create a model
- Explicit models
- Implicit models
Course Contents - DAY 2
Session 5: VIEWS
- Angular's take on the View: a little bit different
- Tying a View to a Controller
- Tying a View to a model
Session 6: EXPRESSIONS
- Expressions are lightweight code snippets
- Expression capabilities
- The border between expressions and $eval
Session 7: FILTERS
- Standard filters
- Writing your own filter
- Tying filters together
Session 8: SCOPES
- What are scopes?
- What do scopes provide?
- Scope lifecycle
- Scopes as glue between controller and view
- Scope hierarchies
- Scope and events
Course Contents - DAY 3
Session 9: ANGULAR FORMS
- Angular forms vs HTML forms
- Angular form controls
- Form events
- The form controller
- Form validation
- CSS classes for form data
Session 10: AJAX, DATA, AND ANGULAR
- High level interactions with servers
- Low-level server interactions with $http
- The deferred/promises API
Session 11: DIRECTIVES
- Teaching HTML new tricks
- Binding text and attributes
- Directive processing lifecycle
- DOM Processing
- Directives and scopes
StayAhead Training established 1992, is recognised as one of the leading independent IT Training specialists in the UK and the first choice provider for many of UK's largest organisations. Located in 7 training centres throughout the UK: London, Birmingham, Manchester,...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Developing AngularJS Web Applications course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.