The delegate will learn how to integrate HTML5 and CSS3 features into their web site.
Exercises and examples are used throughout the course to give practical hands-on experience with the techniques covered.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Constructing a HTML5 form
- Embedding audio and video
- Constructing graphics
- Constructing transitions and animations
- Building a responsive web page
- Establishing and using the user’s location
- Configuring elements to be draggable/droppable
- Writing to and reading from offline storage
- Constructing and using web sockets
- Consuming data from the server without the need for a request
- Cross domain messaging
This course aims to provide the delegate with the knowledge to be able to integrate into a website HTML5 and CSS3 features including new form elements and types, semantic elements, audio and video, graphics, animations, media queries, geolocation, drag and drop, local storage, sockets, and messaging.
Delegates should be able to:
- Build and style simple web pages using HTML & CSS
- HTML & CSS
- jQuery Web Development
- Angular Development
- Aurelia Framework
- Course technical content is subject to change without notice.
- Course content is structured as sessions, this does not strictly map to course timings. Concepts, content and practicals often span sessions.
Course Contents - DAY 1
- Administration and Course Materials
- Course Structure and Agenda
- Delegate and Trainer Introductions
Session 1: INTRODUCTION
- What is HTML5
- What is CSS3
- Browser Support
Session 2: HTML5 ELEMENTS & ATTRIBUTES
- Form Fields
- PForm Validation
- Semantic Elements
- Audio and Video
- Canvas and SVG
Session 3: CSS3 STYLES
- Generic Styles
Session 4: CSS3 RESPONSIVE
- Responsive Web Design (Review)
- Responsive Grid Layout
- Media Queries
- Images and Videos
- Responsive Web Design Frameworks
Course Contents - DAY 2
Session 5: GEOLOCATION
- Information Sources
- The navigator Object
- Request Parameters
- Position Data
- Error Handling
Session 6: DRAG & DROP
- Source and Target Elements
- Draggable Attributes
- Drag Events
- The dataTransfer object
Session 7: OFFLINE STORAGE
- Local/Session Storage vs. Cookies
- The localStorage and sessionStorage Objects
- Local/sessionStorage methods
- The applicationCache object and events
Session 8: WEBSOCKET
- WebSocket vs. HTTP
- WebSocket (ws://) Protocol
- The WebSocket constructor function
- WebSocket Object Methods
- WebSocket Events
Session 9: SERVER SENT EVENTS
- Server Sent Events
- The EventSource constructor function
- EventSource Events
Session 10: CROSS DOMAIN MESSAGING
- Same Origin Policy (SOP)
- Cross Domain Messaging
- Message Posting
- Message Receiving
StayAhead Training established 1992, is recognised as one of the leading independent IT Training specialists in the UK and the first choice provider for many of UK's largest organisations. Located in 7 training centres throughout the UK: London, Birmingham, Manchester,...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!