Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
The delegate will learn how to add dynamic and interactive behaviour to their web pages.
Exercises and examples are used throughout the course to give practical hands-on experience with the techniques covered.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Declaring and initialising variables
- Constructing expressions
- Constructing conditional and iterative statements
- Declaring and invoking functions
- Creating and manipulating objects
- Creating and manipulating arrays
- Handling errors and debugging
- Navigating and manipulating the DOM
- Writing and assigning event handlers
- Using the DOM to obtain and store useful information
- Obtaining data from the server asynchronously
Delegates should be able to build and style simple web pages using HTML & CSS. This knowledge can be obtained by attendance on the pre-requisite HTML & CSS course.
- HTML & CSS
- jQuery Web Development
- Angular Development
- Aurelia Framework
- Course technical content is subject to change without notice.
- Course content is structured as sessions, this does not strictly map to course timings. Concepts, content and practicals often span sessions.
Course Contents - DAY 1
- Administration and Course Materials
- Course Structure and Agenda
- Delegate and Trainer Introductions
Session 1: INTRODUCTION
- Dynamism and Interactivity
- Versions and Browser Support
Session 2: STRUCTURE
- Inline, Internal, and External Scripts
- The script and noscript Tags
- Case Sensitivity
Session 3: VARIABLES & EXPRESSIONS
- Variable Declaration and Assignment
- Data Types
- Type Conversion
- Operators: Arithmetic, Assignment, Comparison, and Logical
- Simple and Compound Expressions
Session 4: CONDITIONS & LOOPS
- If Else
- Ternary Operator
Course Contents - DAY 2
Session 5: FUNCTIONS
- Function Declaration
- Function Invocation
- Variable Scope and Hoisting
- Functions as Data
- Anonymous Functions
Session 6: OBJECTS
- Object Literal
- Object Properties
- Constructor Function
- Prototype Manipulation
- String, Number, Date, and Math
- Regular Expressions
Session 7: ARRAYS
- Array Literal
- Array Elements
- Array Traversal
- Array Functions
- Multi-dimensional Arrays
Session 8: ERRORS & DEBUGGING
- In-browser Developer Tools
- Console Object
- Throw, Try, and Catch
Course Contents - DAY 3
Session 9: DOM
- Element Referencing
- Common Element Properties
- DOM Navigation
- DOM Manipulation
Session 10: EVENT HANDLING
- Event Object
- Event Handler
- Event Handler Assignment
- Form Validation
Session 11: BOM
- Window Object
- Screen, History, and Navigator Objects
- Alerts and Prompts
- Timeouts and Intervals
Session 12: AJAX
- The Request and Response Model
- XMLHttpRequest Object
- Asynchronous Request
- Introduction to XML and JSON
StayAhead Training established 1992, is recognised as one of the leading independent IT Training specialists in the UK and the first choice provider for many of UK's largest organisations. Located in 7 training centres throughout the UK: London, Birmingham, Manchester,...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.