jQuery Web Development - In-house Training
This jQuery Web Development course is designed to provide web developers with the skills needed to utilise jQuery in web applications. Delegates will use the effects, animations, plug-ins and tools provided by the jQuery library to create rich client interfaces.
Using a hands-on workshop approach, delegates gain practical experience in using some of the more advanced features and tools available to the web developer.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Manipulating the DOM
- Creating Animations
- Injecting Content into the DOM
- Validating Forms
- Using jQuery and AJAX
- Integrating jQuery Plugins
- Adding jQuery UI Components
This jQuery Web Development course is aimed at either novice or experienced web developers that are looking to include the jQuery tools in their projects.
By the end of the course delegates should be able to:
- Implement jQuery in a Website
- Add Dynamic Page Content
- Implement jQuery animations
- Understand jQuery DOM manipulation
- Understand the jQuery UI Library
- Use jQuery Plugins
- HTML & CSS
- Developing Applications with Java EE
- PHP Programming
- Course technical content is subject to change without notice.
- Course content is structured as sessions, this does not strictly map to course timings. Concepts, content and practicals often span sessions.
Course Contents - DAY 1
- Administration and Course Materials
- Course Structure and Agenda
- Delegate and Trainer Introductions
Session 1: INTRODUCTION TO JQUERY
- Downloading and Implementing jQuery
- Enabling jQuery
- Using Basic Features
- Why jQuery?
- jQuery Popularity and Alternatives
- Cross-Browser Compatibility
- jQuery UI and Plugins
Session 2: JQUERY BASICS
- Selecting Elements
- Working with Selections
- CSS, Styling and Dimensions
- Manipulating Elements
Session 3: JQUERY CORE
- Utility Methods
- Checking Types
- Date Methods
Session 4: JQUERY EVENTS
- Connecting Events to Elements
- The Event Handling Function
- Triggering Events
- Event Delegation
- Event Helpers
Course Contents - DAY 2
Session 5: JQUERY EFFECTS
- Effect Built-ins
- Custom Effects
- Effect Management
Session 6: JQUERY AJAX
- Key AJAX Concepts
- AJAX Methods
- Using AJAX with Forms
- AJAX Events
Session 7: JQUERY PLUGINS
- Plugins Explained
- Creating a Plugin
- Using Existing Plugins
- Writing a Plugin
Session 8: FURTHER JQUERY
- jQuery Performance
- Managing Dependencies
StayAhead Training established 1992, is recognised as one of the leading independent IT Training specialists in the UK and the first choice provider for many of UK's largest organisations. Located in 7 training centres throughout the UK: London, Birmingham, Manchester,...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this jQuery Web Development - In-house Training course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.