Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Oracle Database 12c Install & Upgrade - In-house TrainingStayAhead Training
Oracle Database 12c Install & Upgrade - In-house Training
This Oracle Database 12c Install & Upgrade course is designed to give the Oracle database administrator practical experience in installing Oracle Database 12c software. Delegates will learn how to create a container database and provision pluggable databases.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Installing Oracle Grid Infrastructure for a standalone server
- Installing the Oracle Database software
- Creating a database using the Database Configuration Assistant
- Using Oracle Restart to manage components
- Upgrading a database to Oracle Database 12c using the Database Upgrade Assistant
- Using a container database
- Provisioning a pluggable database
This Oracle Database 12c Install & Upgrade course is for anyone who needs to install and configure Oracle 12c database or upgrade a database to Oracle 12c database.
This Oracle Database 12c Install & Upgrade course is designed to give database administrators the knowledge and skills needed to install and configure an Oracle 12c database. The Oracle Database 12c administrator will gain practical experience in upgrading a database to Oracle 12c database.
Together with the Oracle Database 12c Administration course, the Oracle Database 12c Install & Upgrade course is suitable for delegates intending to sit the #1Z0-062 - Oracle Database 12c: Installation and Administration examination.
Before taking any exam, ensure you have the recommended experience. The Oracle website lists all exam requirements and these are updated regularly.
Exams are not included as part of the course.
Delegates who wish to attend the Oracle Database 12c Install & Upgrade course should have practical knowledge of administering an Oracle database. They should have attended the Oracle Database 12c Administration course or have a good working knowledge of Oracle administration.
- Oracle Database 12c Administration
- Oracle Database 12c Backup & Recovery with RMAN
- Course technical content is subject to change without notice.
- Course content is structured as sessions, this does not strictly map to course timings. Concepts, content and practicals often span sessions.
Course Contents - DAY 1
- Administration and Course Materials
- Course Structure and Agenda
- Delegate and Trainer Introductions
Session 1: OVERVIEW OF ORACLE DATABASE 12c
- Overview of the Oracle Database 12c
- Overview of Oracle Database 12c architecture
- Oracle Database instance configuration
- Database storage architecture
- Database logical and physical structures
- Overview of container and pluggable database
Session 2: INSTALL ORACLE GRID INFRASTRUCTURE ON A STANDALONE SERVER
- Overview of Grid Infrastructure for a standalone server
- System requirements and prerequisites
- Configure ASM storage
- Install Grid Infrastructure for a standalone server
- Upgrade Grid Infrastructure for a standalone server
Session 3: INSTALL THE ORACLE DATABASE SOFTWARE
- Plan an installation
- System requirements and operating system prerequisites
- Carry out pre-installation checks
- Set environment variables
- Install the Oracle Database software with the Oracle Universal Installer
- Silent mode installation
Session 4: CREATE A DATABASE WITH THE DATABASE CONFIGURATION ASSISTANT (DBCA)
- Selecting a database storage method
- Select a CDB or non-CDB database
- Select a database type based on workload
- Select a character set for the database
- Set the NLS_LANG initialization parameter
- Create a database with the DBCA
Session 5: ORACLE RESTART
- Overview of Oracle Restart
- Configuration of Oracle Restart
- Control Oracle Restart
- The SRVCTL utility
- Use SRVCTL help
- Use the SRVCTL utility to start and stop and manage components
Course Contents - DAY 2
Session 6: PREPARATION FOR UPGRADE TO ORACLE DATABASE 12c
- Methods used to perform upgrade
- Methods of data migration
- Direct upgrade supported releases
- Upgrade process overview
- Rolling upgrade
- Upgrade a CDB
- Create an upgrade test plan
- Carry out performance testing
- Run the Pre-Upgrade Information tool
- Backup the database
- Install the Oracle Database 12c software
- Create the new Oracle home
Session 7: PERFORM AN UPGRADE TO ORACLE DATABASE 12c
- Upgrade a database with the Database Upgrade Assistant (DBUA)
- Upgrade a database manually
- Migrate a non-CDB to a CDB
Session 8: POST UPGRADE TASKS
- Carry out post upgrade tasks after a manual upgrade
- Migrate to unified auditing
Session 9: MIGRATE DATA WITH DATA PUMP
- Migrate data with Data Pump
- Import data using a Data Pump network link
StayAhead Training established 1992, is recognised as one of the leading independent IT Training specialists in the UK and the first choice provider for many of UK's largest organisations. Located in 7 training centres throughout the UK: London, Birmingham, Manchester,...
Find out more about this Oracle Database 12c Install & Upgrade - In-house Training course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.