Oracle Discoverer for Administrators - In-house Training
The Oracle Discoverer Administration training course is designed for delegates intending to set up and administer Business Areas within a Discoverer End User Layer (EUL). Understanding and efficiently utilizing the features of the Discoverer Administration tool is critical to the provision of pertinent data to End Users of Discoverer Plus or Discoverer Desktop.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Creating and Maintaining the Oracle Discoverer EUL
- Creating, Managing and Developing Oracle Discoverer Business Areas
- Managing Simple, Complex and Custom Folders
- Creating and Using Joins
- Creating and Using Calculations
- Using Custom Oracle PL/SQL Functions
- Working with Conditions
- Creating Date and Item Hierarchies
- Using Summary Folders
- Using the Automated Summary Management Feature (ASM)
- Using the Oracle Discoverer EUL Status Workbooks
- Using the Oracle Enterprise Manager Website to Configure Oracle Discoverer Plus and Viewer
- Creating Connections to Oracle Discoverer Plus
- Creating HTML links to Discoverer Viewer worksheets using Private Connections
Anyone who wishes to set up or maintain relevant Business Areas within an Oracle Discoverer End User Layer.
To provide the skills needed to manage Business Areas effectively within an Oracle Discoverer End User Layer and to learn how to use the Oracle Enterprise Manager website to configure Oracle Application Server for Discoverer Plus and Viewer.
Attendance on the pre-requisite courses or similar knowledge. Practical experience of Oracle Application Server Administration would be an advantage.
- Oracle Discoverer Plus for End Users
- Oracle SQL
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Oracle SQL Advanced
- Course technical content is subject to change without notice.
- Course content is structured as sessions, this does not strictly map to course timings. Concepts, content and practicals often span sessions.
Course Contents - DAY 1
- Administration and Course Materials
- Course Structure and Agenda
- Delegate and Trainer Introductions
Session 1: WHAT IS ORACLE DISCOVERER?
- Discoverer Components
- The Discoverer Administration Interface
- The Data Page
- The Hierarchies Page
- The Item Classes Page
- The Summaries Page
- The Discoverer Workbook Window
Session 2: DATABASE REQUIREMENTS FOR USING DISCOVERER
- Preparing for the use of Scheduled Workbooks
- Requirements for Summary Management
- Query Prediction
Session 3: THE END USER LAYER
- Introduction - the Purpose of the End User Layer
- Creating an EUL
- Managing the EUL
- Deleting an EUL
Session 4: BUSINESS AREA MANAGEMENT
- Introduction - Business Areas and their Use
- Building a New Business Area
- Building a New Business Area with the Load Wizard
- Applying security and privileges to a Business Area
- Scheduling workbooks
Session 5: FOLDER MANAGEMENT
- Introduction - the Types of Folder
- Creating a Simple Folder
- Creating a Complex Folder
- Creating a Custom Folder
- Folder Properties
- Editing the SQL of a Custom Folder
- Sharing Folders across Business Areas
- Folder Operations
- Importing and Exporting using Discoverer Administrator
Course Contents - DAY 2
Session 6: MANAGING ITEMS AND ITEM CLASSES
- Introduction - Items, Item Classes and their Use
- Item Properties
- Deleting an Item
- Creating and Editing Item Classes
- Using the Item Class Page to Manage Item Classes
Session 7: JOINS, CALCULATIONS, CONDITIONS AND HIERARCHIES
- Introduction - the Use and Purpose of these Objects
Session 8: SUMMARY FOLDERS
- Introduction - the Purpose of Summary Folders
- What is a summary Folder?
- Creating a Summary Folder
- Editing and Repairing Summary folders
- Summary Folder Properties
- Automated Summary Management
Session 9: EUL STATUS WORKBOOKS
- Introduction - What are EUL Status Workbooks?
- Installing the EUL v5 Business Area
- Workbook Content
Course Contents - DAY 3
Session 10: INTRODUCTION TO APPLICATION SERVER
- Introduction to the Application Server
- A Simple Application Server Environment to Support Discoverer
- Oracle Application Server Installation Types
- Managing an Application Server
- The Enterprise Manager Website
- The Application Server Farm Home Page
- The Application Server Instance Home Page
- The Components' Home Pages
- Starting and Stopping Components and their Effects
- Clues to Potential Web Problems
Session 11: DISCOVERER ARCHITECTURE
- Introduction - Discoverer Architecture on the Web
- The Discoverer Services
- Accessing Discoverer Plus
- Accessing Discoverer Viewer
Session 12: CONFIGURING DISCOVERER FOR THE WEB
- Introduction - the Discoverer Configuration Page
- Issues Concerning Running Discoverer Plus for the First Time
- Managing Discoverer Services
- Shutting Down the Discoverer System
- Using Discoverer in a Multi-Machine Environment
- Creating Public and Private Discoverer Connections
- Discoverer and Oracle Single Sign-On
- Configuring Single Sign-On to Protect Discoverer
- Connecting to Discoverer with Single Sign-On
Session 13: INFLUENCING DISCOVERER BEHAVIOUR
- Introduction - Discoverer Preferences and Oracle Web Cache
- Maintaining Oracle Discoverer Preferences
- Using Parameters in the Oracle Discoverer URLs
- Oracle Discoverer and the Oracle Web Cache
- Configuring Oracle Discoverer to use the Web Cache
StayAhead Training established 1992, is recognised as one of the leading independent IT Training specialists in the UK and the first choice provider for many of UK's largest organisations. Located in 7 training centres throughout the UK: London, Birmingham, Manchester,...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Oracle Discoverer for Administrators - In-house Training course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!