Oracle PL/SQLStayAhead Training
The Oracle PL/SQL course is designed to introduce Oracle DBAs, software development personnel and database support staff to the primary features and constructs of the PL/SQL Programming Language.
Versions supported 11gR2, 12cR2, 18c, 19c.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Writing and running PL/SQL programs from SQL*Plus or SQL Developer
- Declaring and using variables and constants
- Assigning and manipulating values
- Using SQL statements within PL/SQL
- Implementing conditional execution and loop constructs
- Declaring and using cursors with and without parameters
- Updating data with cursors
- Trapping and handling errors and exceptions in code
- Implementing nested and labelled loops and blocks
- Raising exceptions
- Handling PL/SQL records and tables
- Using PL/SQL table built-in functions
Oracle database administrators, software development personnel and database support staff who need to write PL/SQL scripts to enhance their productivity in manipulating data.
To provide the skills needed to write stand-alone programs using the main features of Oracle's PL/SQL Programming Language.
Together with the Oracle PL/SQL Stored Program Units course, the Oracle PL/SQL course is suitable for delegates intending to sit the #1Z0-144 - Oracle Database 11g: Program with PL/SQL examination.
Before taking any exam, ensure you have the recommended experience. The Oracle website lists all exam requirements and these are updated regularly.
Exams are not included as part of the course.
A working knowledge of SQL*Plus or SQL Developer and Oracle SQL is required along with practical experience in writing SQL statements. This can be obtained by attendance on the pre-requisite course. Some previous programming experience will also prove advantageous.
- Oracle SQL
- Oracle PL/SQL Stored Program Units
- Oracle Forms - Part I
- Oracle Database 12cR2 Administration
- Course technical content is subject to change without notice.
- Course content is structured as sessions, this does not strictly map to course timings. Concepts, content and practicals often span sessions.
Course Contents - DAY 1
- Administration and Course Materials
- Course Structure and Agenda
- Delegate and Trainer Introductions
Session 1: PL/SQL FUNDAMENTALS
- What is PL/SQL?
- Basic Elements
- Variables and Constants
- Data Types
- Initialising Variables and Assigning Values
- Using SQL Statements in Code
- Generating Output to SQL or SQL Developer
Session 2: PROGRAM LOGIC
- IF THEN ELSIF ELSE Statements
- CASE Statements
- The Basic Loop Construct
- WHILE and FOR Loops
- Nested and Labelled Loops
- The GOTO Statement
- The CONTINUE Statement
Session 3: USING CURSORS
- What is a Cursor?
- Implicit and Explicit Cursors
- Cursor Operations
- Declaring, Opening and Closing Cursors
- Fetching Rows
- Status Checking
- Using Cursors FOR UPDATE
- The Cursor FOR Loop
- Parameterised Cursors
Course Contents - DAY 2
Session 4: EXCEPTIONS AND NESTED BLOCKS
- The EXCEPTION Section
- Types of Exception
- Handling Named System-Raised Exceptions
- Handling Un-named System-Raised Exceptions
- User-Declared Exceptions and Application Errors
- WHEN OTHERS THEN NULL
- Nested and Labelled Blocks
- Propagation of Exceptions
- Scope of Variables and Cursors
- Scope of Goto Statements
Session 5: PL/SQL RECORDS AND INDEX-BY TABLES
- Declaring Record Types
- Handling PL/SQL Records
- Nested Records
- Declaring PL/SQL Index-By Tables or Associative Arrays
- PL/SQL Table Built-in Functions
- Manipulating PL/SQL Tables or Associative Arrays
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
StayAhead Training established 1992, is recognised as one of the leading independent IT Training specialists in the UK and the first choice provider for many of UK's largest organisations. Located in 7 training centres throughout the UK: London, Birmingham, Manchester,...
Average rating 4.8Based on 48 reviews
Find out more about this Oracle PL/SQL course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Open / Scheduled
Open / Scheduled
Corporate Training for Teams